Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's With the Sox and Brawling this Spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's With the Sox and Brawling this Spring?

It seems like the Sox have been involved in a few brawls, or at least bench clearings this spring. What's going on? I think today marks twice in two days, and weren't there a few others earlier in the spring?

well, this is tavarez, and he's a special case as he is just a class A buttmunch.

Comment

?

Hmm I`ve noticed this a little bit but not to much
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

I'm thinking that these are mostly coincidence, but it's possible that this year's ST has been particularly stressful. This piece in the Boston Globe quotes Beckett's admission that he handled it wrong. Maybe he's concerned about being shown-up during the pre-season, especially after giving up a homer. It could just be a bad horoscope day, or it could be a general sense of insecurity until the 25-man roster is finalized.

2007 World Series Champions
        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

i dont buy the insecurity issue with Beckett as he is on the roster. And as for Tavarez, he may be insecure, but it has less to do with the roster and more with just how much of a loser he really is.

Comment

Like I said, I think it's mostly coincidence. Still, no body's on the roster yet.

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

I'm reminded of "Bull Durham" when Crash asks Nuke, "Did you at least hit me with your non-pitching hand?"

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Is it not obvious, DoubleX?

Tavarez likes a good fight and brings that energy to the Red Sox.

Comment

Tavarez is looney toons. He claims he was defending himself by hitting Gathright before Gathright could hit him.

Fracas Erupts at Sox-Rays Game

Another headline on redsox.com today, "Sox Enjoy Big Hitting Day vs. Rays", nect to a picture of Tavarez taking a swing at Gathright.

Don't we all dread that day (or two days, or eight, or nineteen) when Tavarez and Kyle Farnsworth are wrestling around on the infield like two Tasmanian devils, trying to bite holes in each other?
                  --Annie
                  Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                  Remember Yellowdog
                  ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion
                    Is it not obvious, DoubleX?

Tavarez likes a good fight and brings that energy to the Red Sox.
                    Julian also likes giving up critical HRs in postseason games. I was really bummed when this guy was signed. I can't stand his attitude. Couldn't he use his energies to pitch well instead of injuring himself and picking fights?
                    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                      Tavarez is looney toons. He claims he was defending himself by hitting Gathright before Gathright could hit him.

Another headline on redsox.com today, "Sox Enjoy Big Hitting Day vs. Rays", nect to a picture of Tavarez taking a swing at Gathright.

Don't we all dread that day (or two days, or eight, or nineteen) when Tavarez and Kyle Farnsworth are wrestling around on the infield like two Tasmanian devils, trying to bite holes in each other?
                      I think that Sturtze is a more likely matchup...and Tavarez will be in over his head. Ortiz and Pena will have to rescue him!
                      "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Tavarez is a world class whack job, and has been for quite awhile.

As much as the Sox, like every team need decent arms in the pen, I was not overjoyed when the Red Sox picked him up. (knowing his past history)

Hopefully from this point on, he'll keep his temper and his mouth in check, and let his arm do the talking. Sadly I don't see that happening. I think he'll be a constant source of embarrassment during his stay in a Boston uniform.
                        With any luck it won't be a long tenure.
                        Ken :gt

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                          Can you imagine Gathright's nerve? Swatting at Tavarez's leg after Julian stepped on his arm? Then Gathright tried to get up. Unbelievable.

I, too, had serious concerns about this signing, particularly with the money we threw at him. This won't be the last ridiculously wacko incident with Tavarez...we're fairly assured of that.
                          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X