No announcement yet.

Starting Pitching problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 starters is good, but management decided they had enough pitching and that a young outfielder potentially for a long time in the future was more valuable, and to be honest I agree that having 7 competent starters is uneeded and trading one away for a young guy is worth the value. Thats all it boils down too.
    "As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places." - Bart Giamatti

You go through The Sporting News of the last 100 years and you will find two things are always true. You never have enough pitchers, and nobody ever made money.
    -Don Fehr

Comment

arroyo

I think I understand the Arroyo trade now they traded to get Pena a young outfielder who is pretty good so that sets them up for a possible Nixon trade to get some team that is out of the race's ace (ex. Devil Rays) if this worst case scenario pans out I analyzed the possible teams and possible matches are
      Doug Davis of the Brewers (The Brewers will likely be in the wild card race but they have a surplus of pitcing and need offense)
      Tomo Ohka of the Brewers as welll (read the above)
      I`ll post some more later
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

midseason

I also believe it will be a midseason trade if Boston's pitching does not hold up

Comment

Pitching

Sox starting pitching could surely be suspect this year, I have to agree. Wells is on the DL right off the bat (at least until April 12). Schilling could have his last hurrah in 2006, but who knows? As has been said, "Wake is Wake" but my question is: Does Bard have any experience catching the knuckler? Will Bard be Wake's catcher? Those answers could help determine Wake's success in '06.

Beckett has loads of potential. Clement was excited over yesterday's performance (stats don't back him up) so that concerns me.

Lots of age with Schilling, Wells, and Wake, plus lots of question marks with the rest.

The pen looks good though, from the outset anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ThanksTheo
            Sox starting pitching could surely be suspect this year, I have to agree. Wells is on the DL right off the bat (at least until April 12). Schilling could have his last hurrah in 2006, but who knows? As has been said, "Wake is Wake" but my question is: Does Bard have any experience catching the knuckler? Will Bard be Wake's catcher? Those answers could help determine Wake's success in '06.

Beckett has loads of potential. Clement was excited over yesterday's performance (stats don't back him up) so that concerns me.

Lots of age with Schilling, Wells, and Wake, plus lots of question marks with the rest.

Given that Tek ran out of gas offensively last season, I hope to see Bard in there more often to give him some rest.

Comment

Originally posted by ThanksTheo

Their whole SP is one big injury but also one big potential strength a lot depends on Beckett but not to much their bullpen looks good from the numbers but if you go right beneth the surface you see problem after problem I believe Foulke will not come through and you will have to settle for Timlin "one of the better Set up Men in baseball" and David Riske as Setup Man of course Riske is supposed to be a MR were he is best and if they move him more problems in MR they need to bring in a big or at least dependable pitcher

Comment

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                Their whole SP is one big injury but also one big potential strength a lot depends on Beckett but not to much their bullpen looks good from the numbers but if you go right beneth the surface you see problem after problem I believe Foulke will not come through and you will have to settle for Timlin "one of the better Set up Men in baseball" and David Riske as Setup Man of course Riske is supposed to be a MR were he is best and if they move him more problems in MR they need to bring in a big or at least dependable pitcher
                our pitching may be one big injury but yours is too look at pavano and wright and johnson is close to senior citizen age as well so you cant count on him necessarily yeah timlin is a great setup man and who knows maybe foulke will go down but big deal weve got guys who are waiting in the wings to come up to the major league level what do you guys have aaron small dont count on him to come up big like he did last year

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                  our pitching may be one big injury but yours is too look at pavano and wright and johnson is close to senior citizen age as well so you cant count on him necessarily yeah timlin is a great setup man and who knows maybe foulke will go down but big deal weve got guys who are waiting in the wings to come up to the major league level what do you guys have aaron small dont count on him to come up big like he did last year
                  At the end of the day even with almost every player in our rotation being injured we still were solid now people are healthy we should do better

Comment

At the end of the day even with almost every player in our rotation being injured we still were solid now people are healthy we should do better
                    hey maybe you will maybe you wont you had a lot of injuries last year and still managed to stay afloat but you can thank aaron small and shawn chacon for that without those two you would have had 2nd place for sure dont look for small to be your savior this year maybe chacon will continue to work out well or maybe hell be burned up by that huge spotlight in new york who knows you never can tell

Comment

Given good health, I'd have to go with the Sox rotation over the Yankees. The Yankees don't have anything that can match up with a health Schilling and a healthy and adjusted Beckett. Though Johnson is still the best on both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
                        Given good health, I'd have to go with the Sox rotation over the Yankees. The Yankees don't have anything that can match up with a health Schilling and a healthy and adjusted Beckett. Though Johnson is still the best on both teams.
                        Try healthy Johnson and our guys have a better chance of staying healthy
                        Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 03-31-2006, 12:29 PM.

Comment

hey maybe you will maybe you wont you had a lot of injuries last year and still managed to stay afloat but you can thank aaron small and shawn chacon for that without those two you would have had 2nd place for sure dont look for small to be your savior this year maybe chacon will continue to work out well or maybe hell be burned up by that huge spotlight in new york who knows you never can tell
                          Actuallly they had the best years of their carreer in the "spotlight of New York"

Comment

Actuallly they had the best years of their carreer in the "spotlight of New York"
                            yeah maybe so but do you actually believe that small will dulpicate his success in 2006 i seriously doubt it ill eat some crow if he does but a 35 year old pitcher going 10-0 is miraculous i doubt he can even come close to that again

Comment

yeah maybe so but do you actually believe that small will dulpicate his success in 2006 i seriously doubt it ill eat some crow if he does but a 35 year old pitcher going 10-0 is miraculous i doubt he can even come close to that again
                              Duplicate no do well yes he has confidence now for 1 and he won`t be under as much pressure as a long man

Comment

pesky...you're cracking me up with this. Your endurance is awesome.
                                "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X