Just for fun, Joe Mauer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for fun, Joe Mauer

ok, just for the hell of it, what do you think it would take to get Joe Mauer this year in a trade? What would you be willing to give up?
    Last edited by Boston Boxer; 12-26-2008, 12:45 PM.

considering how little good young hitting catchers are out there i'd say they would probably ask for lars anderson easily.which in turn would make the sox laugh and walk away until joe becomes a free agent.guess them keeping that money would pay off

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf jones View Post
      considering how little good young hitting catchers are out there i'd say they would probably ask for lars anderson easily.which in turn would make the sox laugh and walk away until joe becomes a free agent.guess them keeping that money would pay off
      Why would the Red Sox laugh for offer of Anderson and other prospects for one of the few offensive catchers in MLB? Simply, Minnesota's demands would be high, as they should be, for Joe Mauer. I prefer the wait and see approach. We'll see what we have Wagner and we'll also wait until Mauer hits F.A., unless the Twins lock him up before that point.

Comment

I'd give Lars Anderson & whatever minor league pitcher they wanted to get Mauer. If he can and will be playing catcher.
        Originally posted by Domenic
        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Mauer has 2 years left on his contract. Minn wouldn't give up Mauer for lars and Buchholz never mind just Lars.

Comment

You wouldn't give up Lars Anderson for Joe Mauer?? A young, bona fide all-star catcher at the price of an umproven minor leaguer?? Well it doesn't matter as the Twins would never accept that deal. You guys would have to pony up something serious to get him.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I'd love for the Sox to trade for Mauer, but I can't see the Twinkies trading him at this time. But even if they did, I'm guessing it would take quite a bit.

Comment

Duplicate post.
                Last edited by Dogdaze; 01-05-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

ok, just for the hell of it, what do you think it would take to get Joe Mauer this year in a trade? What would you be willing to give up?
                  The rest of your team. You guys are horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by The Football Ref View Post
                    The rest of your team. You guys are horrible.
                    thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post that. Your sig says it all

Comment

There was a Red Sox fan messing with us on the Yankee Thread so I figured I joke around with you guys over here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Football Ref View Post
                        There was a Red Sox fan messing with us on the Yankee Thread so I figured I joke around with you guys over here.

oh, ok. Thought you were being a richard

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X