No announcement yet.

Sox interested in Hanley Ramirez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been waiting for Hanley all off season.

Hanley for Buchholz, Lugo with 10 mil, and a choice of Delcarmen, or both Hansak and Carter.
    I would gladly add any one of guys like Van Every, Bailey, Zink, and Pauley Florida likes league minimum guys to fill roster spots.

Sign Wiggington 3 years/12mil

Sign Pudge Rodriguez 2 years/12mil or trade with Texas for Teagarden

You start the season with Lowell, Lowrie and Wiggington. If Lowell is healthy you have 3 guys to move if you need a starting pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by gwynnfan View Post
      I have been waiting for Hanley all off season.

Hanley for Buchholz, Lugo with 10 mil, and a choice of Delcarmen, or both Hansak and Carter.
      I would gladly add any one of guys like Van Every, Bailey, Zink, and Pauley Florida likes league minimum guys to fill roster spots.

Sign Wiggington 3 years/12mil

Sign Pudge Rodriguez 2 years/12mil or trade with Texas for Teagarden

You start the season with Lowell, Lowrie and Wiggington. If Lowell is healthy you have 3 guys to move if you need a starting pitcher.
      Sign Pudge? Sorry, but Pudge is certainly not the catcher he was five years ago. Right now, he's just a big ball of ego. If the Sox are to not bring back Tek, than I say you have to go with a trade with either Arizona for Montero, or Texas for Salty.

Also, the Fish may ask for a little more than that. I'd propose:
      Hanley for Buchholz, Bryan Price, Delcarmen, and a large sum of cash. (And maybe Chris Carter)
      "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

It is hard to give cash unless you are offsetting salary. You can get a better player then Bryan Price for Lugo and 10mil. He just barely is in the top 200 prospects.
        Pudge is nearing the end but he is worth 6 mil per year, especially if you need experience. Ideally they would get Mauer but if you trade for Hanley you can go with Bard and Teagarden ( I like Tea more than Salty ) giving another year for Kottaras. If they sign Wiggington they could carry all 3 giving Wigg more pitch hitting opportunities. They only person who ever gets pitch hit for is Drew.

Comment

The Red Sox at least have something to trade for Ramirez, if the Marlins get serious about moving him. If he gets to free agency by age 30 the Yanks will buy him.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
            The Red Sox at least have something to trade for Ramirez, if the Marlins get serious about moving him. If he gets to free agency by age 30 the Yanks will buy him.
            True.

But I think this whole Red Sox calling about Hanley news item is overblown, yes the call was made, but I'm sure half the GM's in baseball have called asking about his availablility.

I read that the phone call lasted less then 20 seconds and the Marlins said he was not available, so I'm not sure why this was a even a newsworthy item.

If the Marlins keep with their tradition of trading players before they become too expensive for them, my guess is they'll look to trade him in 2011 or 2012, then they will take the best prospects from the highest bidder like they have done at previous times.

The Fins just signed Scott Proctor for their pen, and while he's no superstar, he is a decent reliever, so I'm guessing they're planning to compete this year, I also read that the Marlins GM said recently they believe they have the best starting pitchers in their division, not sure I agree with that, but it appears they believe they can compete and keeping Ramirez would only help them.

Comment

I would be surprised if they did not make an aggressive move for at least one of them. They are set for a World Series run at every position except catcher for a few years. If they add Hanley they can do with less experienced catchers who will hit .30 to .50 points higher then Tek. They would have Lowrie til fill at 3rd, SS, 2nd, Lowell to 1st Lowrie to 3rd. Lowrie is much better as a right handed batter .338 avg .409 OBP .525 SLG .934 OPS then as a lefty .222 avg .308 OBP .344 SLG .653 OPS. He could probably even platoon or at least pinch hit for Drew or PH for one of the catchers until he learns how to hit right handed pitchers.
              Now what do we do with Lugo. I think he will get the nod over Lowrie if he is not traded. Florida will not trade Hanley unless the have someone to play SS.

Give them Lugo with cash and who ever else they want. Boston will be the favorite for the next 4 years with out having to make another move.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X