Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Home, Rocco!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Welcome Home, Rocco!!!!

    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/ar...=.jsp&c_id=bos

    Oh, they are in mourning down here

    Now the big question is....

    Will they give him Nomar's #5?
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

  • #2
    I am not a Red Sox fan by any stretch...In fact just typing in this forum I feel like I am in danger.

    With that said....I cant help but root for Baldelli. Tons of talent just hope he can fully overcome the disease he is battling and have a great season.

    Comment


    • #3
      I used to like Baldelli a lot but the man just lost my respect. Boston just got a real talent.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SDL View Post
        Will they give him Nomar's #5?
        They sure did.

        Considering his age, I would love to see Baldelli reach his potential, but with such a long list of injuries, I just can't see happening. Doesn't mean I can't hope for it to happen!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
          They sure did.

          Considering his age, I would love to see Baldelli reach his potential, but with such a long list of injuries, I just can't see happening. Doesn't mean I can't hope for it to happen!
          Since they've correctly diagnosed what his malady was, I have a feeling Rocco will reach his potential. Playing at home will help as well.

          Can't wait to see what the reaction will be down here when he steps on the field in The Trop in a Sox uni...
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SDL View Post
            Since they've correctly diagnosed what his malady was, I have a feeling Rocco will reach his potential. Playing at home will help as well.

            Can't wait to see what the reaction will be down here when he steps on the field in The Trop in a Sox uni...
            It's the Trop so it will be nothing but cheers
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

            Comment


            • #7
              It's always great to see a local guy play for the Sox. It must be particularly bittersweet for Rocco...a year ago, he wasn't even sure if he would ever play again, now he'll be playing at Fenway for the team he grew up rooting for, only an hour or so from family and friends. Rocco played his HS ball about a mile from where I now live, so he grew up in the heart of Red Sox nation.

              With his condition potentially affecting his ability to play for long stetches, it's key that the Sox add another reserve player who can play the OF. I hear they're looking for a 1b/OF type to round out the bench (Mark Kotsay?).
              Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
                It's always great to see a local guy play for the Sox. It must be particularly bittersweet for Rocco...a year ago, he wasn't even sure if he would ever play again, now he'll be playing at Fenway for the team he grew up rooting for, only an hour or so from family and friends. Rocco played his HS ball about a mile from where I now live, so he grew up in the heart of Red Sox nation.

                With his condition potentially affecting his ability to play for long stetches, it's key that the Sox add another reserve player who can play the OF. I hear they're looking for a 1b/OF type to round out the bench (Mark Kotsay?).
                Kotsay's already a done deal
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SDL View Post
                  Kotsay's already a done deal
                  Ha ha...yeah, I saw that after I posted. I don't read the Herald's site, just the Globe's, and they weren't reporting it yet.

                  A good pickup, obviously...gives them a backup at 1b and in the OF and a left handed bat off the bench.
                  Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Could really have done without the Kotsay part since the guy's a total washup no power no speed mediocre OBP can't play CF kinda guy, but great to see Baldelli in the fold.

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X