Rice is in the HOF!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice is in the HOF!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Congratulations, Jim, and well-deserved. 76% is slim on the final try, but he's still in, and that's all that matters.

Take a nice bow, Boston fans.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by SDL View Post
      Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Finally is right.

Congratulation to Rice a worthy Hall of Famer IMO. :applaud:

Comment

I've been away for a while, busy with baby matters mostly.

But I had to check in to say CONGRATULATIONS to Jim Rice, the first BoSox player I knew by name as a kid. Well deserved!

2007 World Series Champions
        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Apparently it was by only 5 votes! Congrats
          Dustin Pedroia was asked what the Red Sox need to do to turn it around. They have lost six straight and 14 of 21.
          “I don’t know. I’m not a magic person. I just play second base,” he said.

Comment

Rice hit the first home run I ever saw live in 1978, his mvp year.

Congrats Jim.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

It's about time. Congrats, Jim. :applaud:
              --Annie
              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
              Remember Yellowdog
              ABNY

Comment

I guess we can look forward to seeing the number 14 up with the other guys soon.
                "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                  I guess we can look forward to seeing the number 14 up with the other guys soon.
                  It's been long overdue, that's for sure. Wonder if Joe LaHoud will be on hand?

Now all they have to do is hang up #25 as a token of respect for Tony C...
                  sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                    They did have one huge reason why it wasn't up there though- he was still using it for many years after he retired teaching the young guys in the minors
                    Best posts ever:
                    Originally posted by nymdan
                    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by efin98 View Post
                      They did have one huge reason why it wasn't up there though- he was still using it for many years after he retired teaching the young guys in the minors
                      He could use it even if it was retired. It was his number!

I wonder if his number will be retired this year or next year. I don't see any reason why it won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
                        He could use it even if it was retired. It was his number!

I wonder if his number will be retired this year or next year. I don't see any reason why it won't be.
                        Fisk's retirement was in September of 2000, probably around that time.

Two good weekends would be the August 21-30 or weekend of September 11-13th.

That August week is when the Yankees and Blue Jays are in town, two teams that he decimated with his power and the built in rivalries...the September weekend has a team that he has no ties to in town so no past conflicts can muddy his retirement ceremony...
                        Best posts ever:
                        Originally posted by nymdan
                        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

It's about damn time! Congrats!!! :applaud: Rice was one of the guys I grew up watching back in the day.

Slide over guys, #14 is coming through.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X