Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ortiz offered a $50m/4 yr extension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this is just great. We have the best hitter in baseball till 2011.

Good job! This is great news. For how much money a year? 12,5 m $?
    I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

12 mil for 4 years...team option for 2011. That is great!

Comment

I was going back and forth with someone else on another board. That person said that Ortiz' price came because Big Papi been underpaid around 2003-04 ($4.587m & $5.25m, respectively).

Does anyone feel that the prior underpayments are the reason they gave him such a large contract? Or is it just the numbers, reward for helping them out so much (and often)?

I'd also like to ask folks here, if they were Theo (at least let's pretend), how much would you have offered Ortiz, both in dollars and years? Where would you draw the line and say "no higher"?

Thx.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
          Does anyone feel that the prior underpayments are the reason they gave him such a large contract? Or is it just the numbers, reward for helping them out so much (and often)?
          It's a reward for putting up numbers and being the best DH in the game. Pure and simple reward.
          Best posts ever:
          Originally posted by nymdan
          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly

I'd also like to ask folks here, if they were Theo (at least let's pretend), how much would you have offered Ortiz, both in dollars and years? Where would you draw the line and say "no higher"?

Thx.
            I don't have an exact figure in mind, but if there's anyone I want on the team it's Ortiz. Even if he stunk, I'd still want him coming up to PH once and awhile.
            BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X