Bronson Arroyo homered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronson Arroyo homered

who knew he had this kind of power...he should be platooning with Trot in RF

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2398132

Never thought Bronson could hit let alone hit a homer, good for him. Also won the game. Hope he has a good season in Cinnicinatti.
    go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Considering that this is his debut and it was against the Cubs, his line doesn't look so bad either.

IP: 6.2
      H: 6
      ER: 3
      K: 7
      ERA: 4.05

He did give up 5 runs total and 2 long balls (A Ramirez and D Lee), but it sounds like he's off to roaring start. The story line is that he received a standing ovation for his own round-tripper, including a bow from Griffey. Good for him. I hope he already feels at home.

2007 World Series Champions
      The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Oh no! A home run! We traded Babe Ruth!
        Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
          Considering that this is his debut and it was against the Cubs, his line doesn't look so bad either.

IP: 6.2
          H: 6
          ER: 3
          K: 7
          ERA: 4.05

He did give up 5 runs total and 2 long balls (A Ramirez and D Lee), but it sounds like he's off to roaring start. The story line is that he received a standing ovation for his own round-tripper, including a bow from Griffey. Good for him. I hope he already feels at home.
          I would hardly consider a 4.05 ERA a roaring start, but thats about what you can expect out of him. Probably stay around 4 for the season. He was around 4.50 for the sox, and since he's out of the AL he should fair a little bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
            I would hardly consider a 4.05 ERA a roaring start, but thats about what you can expect out of him. Probably stay around 4 for the season. He was around 4.50 for the sox, and since he's out of the AL he should fair a little bit better.
            True, I don't want to overstate his pitching performance. I was more referring to the ovation he received that will probably make it easier for him to put Boston behind him.

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

I think he fit in perfectly with the '04 Sox, with his blond cornrows and all. I was sad to see him go, but I'll still be rooting for him with the Reds.

Comment

Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
                I think he fit in perfectly with the '04 Sox, with his blond cornrows and all. I was sad to see him go, but I'll still be rooting for him with the Reds.
                He was good for us, but I really like Wily Mo Pena. He's only 24, so he can still improve his BA, and he has tremendous power. If he can K less, and get the bat on the ball better he can hit 40 + homers. That was a great pickup for us. Especially considering we traded our 7th starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
                  I wouldn't be surprised if his ERA went UP a bit pitching in Cincinatti. He's a fly ball pitcher, and the ball really flys out of that ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D.
                    I wouldn't be surprised if his ERA went UP a bit pitching in Cincinatti. He's a fly ball pitcher, and the ball really flys out of that ballpark.
                    He didn't look like a fly ball pitcher yesterday, or at least fro what i've seen on the highlights. Made a fair number of strikeouts to go a long with a well hit homer.

I always liked him. He always looked quite solid as a pitcher. Good luck to him in cinccinatti
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Red Sox, you are the only only only!
                    [/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Red Sox Rule
                      He didn't look like a fly ball pitcher yesterday, or at least fro what i've seen on the highlights. Made a fair number of strikeouts to go a long with a well hit homer.
                      Maybe not yesterday (I only saw part of the game while grabbing lunch), but in general, he's a fly-ball pitcher.

I always liked him. He always looked quite solid as a pitcher. Good luck to him in cinccinatti
                      I agree, I wish him the best of luck with his new team. Seeing the HR was really cool.

Comment

Arroyo showing the Sox why it was bad move to trade him. He's showing off his power now!

Consider he's the number 3 starter on this staff and pitching in Cincinnati, he did pretty good yesterday.

Comment

Make that TWICE!

Bronson Arroyo hit his second homer in as many starts today. In addition, he gave up 6 hits, 0 ER, and struck out 4, thus lowering his ERA to 1.98. It's still early and both of his outings have been against the Cubs, although today was the 2nd time they had a good look at him and the game was at Wrigley. I think he might be performing over his head, but I still say that he was seriously under-valued at the time of his trade, not least of all by some fans here. Believe me, I'll be sure to check back in at the ASB to see how he's faring.

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

A 2nd home run? Thats just crazy. He's pitching really well and slugging good too. Right now he has just as many homers as Big Papi, Trot Nixon and more than everyone else on the red sox I would have to agree he was under-valued here although there is still alot of the season left but from the looks of it now he has good stuff and a good season in store.
                            go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

The sad thing is that Pena has 0 homers and really gave one to the other team in today's game when the ball bounced off his glove and went over the wall, and Babe Ruth errrrr. Bronson Arroyo has 2 homers. That's just crazy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X