No announcement yet.

Bronson Arroyo homered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowing Arroyo had homered again, did anyone else cringe while watching Wily Mo flail away with utter futility and K on three pitches?
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
      Knowing Arroyo had homered again, did anyone else cringe while watching Wily Mo flail away with utter futility and K on three pitches?

I also cringed at the zig-zag he made to catch that final out. He did not look comfortable under that flyball.
      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Anyone can homer in Wrigley Field, I wouldn't put too much stock his hitting.
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

I'm happy for Babe Arroyo.
          BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Test him for steroids

Nah seriously, i'm pleased for him and i hope his streak continues
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Red Sox, you are the only only only!
            [/SIZE]

Comment

I wonder who was the last pitcher to hit HR's in consecutive starts??
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Oh no you traded away a reincarnation of Babe Ruth Wouldn`t it be funny if he got traded to the Yankees and had a 30 home run season as a Right fielder?
                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                  Oh no you traded away a reincarnation of Babe Ruth Wouldn`t it be funny if he got traded to the Yankees and had a 30 home run season as a Right fielder?
                  What did I say about smacktalk, Rickey? This is not the site for that.
                  Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                  Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                  Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                  Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                  Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Let him continue...he is that bad apple that spoils the bunch. We know who the good Yankee posters are and which ones are a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
                      I'd like to know the answer to this question as well.
                      BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
                        That interested me as well as Mudville Mike. My immediate guess was Mike Hampton, and so I went to the SABR home run log. I'm pretty sure he did do it. He hit two off Wade Miller on June 5, 2001, then he connected off Dustin Hermanson on June 10. Mike hit 7 total that year. He had at least two from 2002 through 2004 (only one last year), but they were all spaced more widely.

Comment

I just posted the question of pitchers hitting homers in back-to-back starts in the Trivia forum. I figure that bunch will be sure to know or know how to find out.

2007 World Series Champions
                          The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
                            The sad thing is that Pena has 0 homers and really gave one to the other team in today's game when the ball bounced off his glove and went over the wall, and Babe Ruth errrrr. Bronson Arroyo has 2 homers. That's just crazy.
                            I saw shades of Jose Canseco there. I hope it's just opening day jitters, but man that was ugly.

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
                              I saw shades of Jose Canseco there. I hope it's just opening day jitters, but man that was ugly.
                              I think he forgot where he was in the outfield and misjudged how far he had to go. He probably forgot what he learned playing here last year and misjudged. If he had a few more inched he would have easily made the catch for a spectacular out.
                              Best posts ever:
                              Originally posted by nymdan
                              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
                                I think he forgot where he was in the outfield and misjudged how far he had to go. He probably forgot what he learned playing here last year and misjudged. If he had a few more inched he would have easily made the catch for a spectacular out.
                                Man, that's all we need. Two airheads playing the outfield corners. Offer all the apologies for him you want. It was ugly. We can only hope that's the last time he does something that foolish in the field.

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X