Bronson Arroyo homered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlashGordon
    Man, that's all we need. Two airheads playing the outfield corners. Offer all the apologies for him you want. It was ugly. We can only hope that's the last time he does something that foolish in the field.
    You try playing out there. It's called the toughest right field in the game for a reason. It takes a long time before you get used to it.
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

I just posted the question of pitchers hitting homers in back-to-back starts in the Trivia forum. I figure that bunch will be sure to know or know how to find out.
      You've already got a few replies in this thread you'd posted.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
        What did I say about smacktalk, Rickey? This is not the site for that.
        It was meant as a joke not an insult or something like it
        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
          It was meant as a joke not an insult or something like it
          Jokes are supposed to be funny.
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
            Jokes are supposed to be funny.
            It was funny to me thought you and others would think so

Comment

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
              It was funny to me thought you and others would think so
              I really don't think you'd want to mention his name here. Even when referencing him, I say something like "one certain Boston pitcher from 70 or so years ago".

Stuff like that, stick with the Bitter Rivalry thread, which you've already posted into. Even there, I'm not too sure about.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Guys...go a little easy on Rickey. I'm pretty sure you're around 11, right, Rickey? (No, I'm not being sarcastic here...I'm serious.)
                "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
                  You try playing out there. It's called the toughest right field in the game for a reason. It takes a long time before you get used to it.
                  I would buy that if the shot had curled around toward Pesky's pole. The toughest part of right field in Fenway is that tight line near the stands: not relatively straight-away toward the bullpen. And no, I don't think I could do better, but then I don't claim to be a major-leaguer. His flub wasn't nearly as humiliating as the one that bouned out off Jose Canseco's coconut, but he still looked pretty gawky doing it--about as awkward as some of the swipes he's been taking in the batter's box. Don't worry, I don't intend to ride his case out of town, but he certainly wouldn't be the first player to have his confidence crushed playing in often un-friendly Fenway. I hope he make the adjustments sooner rather than later.

2007 World Series Champions
                  The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSon
                    Guys...go a little easy on Rickey. I'm pretty sure you're around 11, right, Rickey? (No, I'm not being sarcastic here...I'm serious.)
                    Actually yes and considering the fact that I`ve only been a baseball fan for 2 years I think I`m doing prety good.
                    Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 04-14-2006, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Don't worry, I don't intend to ride his case out of town, but he certainly wouldn't be the first player to have his confidence crushed playing in often un-friendly Fenway. I hope he make the adjustments sooner rather than later.
                      He won't make that mistake again, once is enough. It's like Trott's boneheaded flip to the right field stands with only two outs- he had to deal with it for a bit but learned quickly. I don't think he has made that mistake again...
                      Best posts ever:
                      Originally posted by nymdan
                      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Perhaps we have found another pitcher who can hit the likes of Mike Hampton in Arroyo?

Comment

Bronson Arroyo - the next Babe Ruth?

Nice article about this here:
                          http://www.bravesoxtalk.com/406.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X