• Eugenious
    replied
    Bronson Arroyo - the next Babe Ruth?

Nice article about this here:
    http://www.bravesoxtalk.com/406.html

Leave a comment:

• Call Me Genius
    replied
    Perhaps we have found another pitcher who can hit the likes of Mike Hampton in Arroyo?

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    Originally posted by FlashGordon
    Don't worry, I don't intend to ride his case out of town, but he certainly wouldn't be the first player to have his confidence crushed playing in often un-friendly Fenway. I hope he make the adjustments sooner rather than later.
    He won't make that mistake again, once is enough. It's like Trott's boneheaded flip to the right field stands with only two outs- he had to deal with it for a bit but learned quickly. I don't think he has made that mistake again...

Leave a comment:

• Mariano_Rivera
    replied
    Originally posted by SoxSon
    Guys...go a little easy on Rickey. I'm pretty sure you're around 11, right, Rickey? (No, I'm not being sarcastic here...I'm serious.)
    Actually yes and considering the fact that I`ve only been a baseball fan for 2 years I think I`m doing prety good.
    Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 04-14-2006, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FlashGordon
    replied
    Originally posted by efin98
    You try playing out there. It's called the toughest right field in the game for a reason. It takes a long time before you get used to it.
    I would buy that if the shot had curled around toward Pesky's pole. The toughest part of right field in Fenway is that tight line near the stands: not relatively straight-away toward the bullpen. And no, I don't think I could do better, but then I don't claim to be a major-leaguer. His flub wasn't nearly as humiliating as the one that bouned out off Jose Canseco's coconut, but he still looked pretty gawky doing it--about as awkward as some of the swipes he's been taking in the batter's box. Don't worry, I don't intend to ride his case out of town, but he certainly wouldn't be the first player to have his confidence crushed playing in often un-friendly Fenway. I hope he make the adjustments sooner rather than later.

Leave a comment:

• SoxSon
    replied
    Guys...go a little easy on Rickey. I'm pretty sure you're around 11, right, Rickey? (No, I'm not being sarcastic here...I'm serious.)

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
    It was funny to me thought you and others would think so
    I really don't think you'd want to mention his name here. Even when referencing him, I say something like "one certain Boston pitcher from 70 or so years ago".

Stuff like that, stick with the Bitter Rivalry thread, which you've already posted into. Even there, I'm not too sure about.

Leave a comment:

• Mariano_Rivera
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
    Jokes are supposed to be funny.
    It was funny to me thought you and others would think so

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
    It was meant as a joke not an insult or something like it
    Jokes are supposed to be funny.

Leave a comment:

• Mariano_Rivera
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
    What did I say about smacktalk, Rickey? This is not the site for that.
    It was meant as a joke not an insult or something like it

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    I just posted the question of pitchers hitting homers in back-to-back starts in the Trivia forum. I figure that bunch will be sure to know or know how to find out.
    You've already got a few replies in this thread you'd posted.

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    Man, that's all we need. Two airheads playing the outfield corners. Offer all the apologies for him you want. It was ugly. We can only hope that's the last time he does something that foolish in the field.
    You try playing out there. It's called the toughest right field in the game for a reason. It takes a long time before you get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• FlashGordon
    replied
    Originally posted by efin98
    I think he forgot where he was in the outfield and misjudged how far he had to go. He probably forgot what he learned playing here last year and misjudged. If he had a few more inched he would have easily made the catch for a spectacular out.
    Man, that's all we need. Two airheads playing the outfield corners. Offer all the apologies for him you want. It was ugly. We can only hope that's the last time he does something that foolish in the field.

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    I saw shades of Jose Canseco there. I hope it's just opening day jitters, but man that was ugly.
    I think he forgot where he was in the outfield and misjudged how far he had to go. He probably forgot what he learned playing here last year and misjudged. If he had a few more inched he would have easily made the catch for a spectacular out.

Leave a comment:

• FlashGordon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jager
    The sad thing is that Pena has 0 homers and really gave one to the other team in today's game when the ball bounced off his glove and went over the wall, and Babe Ruth errrrr. Bronson Arroyo has 2 homers. That's just crazy.
    I saw shades of Jose Canseco there. I hope it's just opening day jitters, but man that was ugly.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X