Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the Sox seem to be leaving this year's stage with dignity, and for that I am proud of them. It would have been easy for them to spiral down into a backbiting mess like 2001, but they held together as a team, and that's the best we can ask for this year.

I will miss these guys! I'm not ready for the season to end!

I also want to express my thanks for my fellow fans here at BBF. I had.... well, it was a terrible summer, very stressful, not much fun at all, and it was such a relief to be able to come here and relax and just talk baseball.... THANK YOU.

BBFers are the Best.
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan
      Well, the Sox seem to be leaving this year's stage with dignity, and for that I am proud of them. It would have been easy for them to spiral down into a backbiting mess like 2001, but they held together as a team, and that's the best we can ask for this year.

I also want to express my thanks for my fellow fans here at BBF. I had.... well, it was a terrible summer, very stressful, not much fun at all, and it was such a relief to be able to come here and relax and just talk baseball.... THANK YOU.

BBFers are the Best.
      I agree completely. With a disappointing season, and pretty bad pitching (with all the injuries) its been nice to be here and fins people who are also baseball fans. I was on another site before, and the people there were all about knocking people, and teams, and the people here are top notch. Thanks to all the Mods, and posters in general for making this bad season a little bit better. I'll be in and out through the offseason, and I'm sure i'll be psyched about the 2007 season. Hopefully our front office will get us some pitching, and rework the lineup a little bit. That said, I'm glad I found this site. Thanks to everyone.

EDIT: Best of luck to Jon Lester, and we all hope that you get healthy. We of course would like to see him back in the bigs, but I think we all agree that's secondary. GL Lester.
      Last edited by Jager; 10-01-2006, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan
        Well, the Sox seem to be leaving this year's stage with dignity, and for that I am proud of them. It would have been easy for them to spiral down into a backbiting mess like 2001, but they held together as a team, and that's the best we can ask for this year.

BBFers are the Best.

Right back at you, Annie, and everyone. Thanks for taking part in this season. Plenty of ups and downs...no one can say it wasn't interesting. (I hope your autumn brings with it some much-needed, refreshing change, Annie.)

I figure in the next few days, I'll close this thread and unsticky it. It will then slowly tumble into the archive of Boston BBF history. If anyone wants to add a sign-off between now and then, feel free to do so! :gt
        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
          It's the end of the line for us sox fans, the 2006 season, and this thread..

Good-bye 2006.
          Is it just me or is Beckett's head a little messed up?

Comment

• Go ahead and shut it down already. Makes me sad to read all our optimism in the beginning on the season. It was good sharing the season with you guys, im looking forward to dicussing the hot stove and 2007 with all of you.

Comment

• And one last quick slap in the face before the 2006 Sox fade away into history --- Rudy Seanez is currently pitching in the postseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
                And one last quick slap in the face before the 2006 Sox fade away into history --- Rudy Seanez is currently pitching in the postseason.

Let's not end on a sour note.

Anyone else want to sign off? I'll close up shop and retire this thread sometime tomorrow. :gt
                "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Well, even though our season didn't turn out the way we would have liked, it wasn't too bad. Pap showed us that he's a force to be reckoned with, Schilling turned himself around after a dismal 2005, and it was business as usual for Manny and Papi.

With that being said, there are certainly a lot of question marks to be addressed this offseason. I'm confident that Theo & Co. will get the ship righted and make us competetive in 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesky6
                    Well, even though our season didn't turn out the way we would have liked, it wasn't too bad. Pap showed us that he's a force to be reckoned with, Schilling turned himself around after a dismal 2005, and it was business as usual for Manny and Papi.

With that being said, there are certainly a lot of question marks to be addressed this offseason. I'm confident that Theo & Co. will get the ship righted and make us competetive in 2007.

And with that said, so long 2006! :atthepc

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X