X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efin98
    replied
    Originally posted by VTSoxFan
    This thread seems suspiciously quiet this evening.
    Looks like everyone jumped the gun there, but could still be justified in calling for his ouster...just wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• VTSoxFan
    replied
    This thread seems suspiciously quiet this evening.

Leave a comment:

• SoxSon
    replied
    Originally posted by MudvilleMike
    I agree that it was a good deal, but I still think Mirabelli is underrated (not just b/c of his defense).
    Yes, he is. I always thought that Mirabelli, when he connected, had one of the strongest swings on the ballclub. But if we're honest, I think we have to say he's still only underrated overall as a backup catcher. Getting a 2nd baseman of Loretta's caliber (and potential) for our thirty-five year old backup catcher is amazingly good fortune for us. So far, Loretta's proving this right, too.

Leave a comment:

• MudvilleMike
    replied
    Originally posted by SoxSon
    Mirabelli for Loretta was a steal for us. Again, IMO.
    I agree that it was a good deal, but I still think Mirabelli is underrated (not just b/c of his defense).

Leave a comment:

• ESPNFan
    replied
    Originally posted by CuriousBoston
    I feel bad for anyone trying to catch Wakes; Varitek couldn't do it. Unless Bard can adapt very quickly, which is not fair to expect, Wakes has to be pulled if there are baserunners.

I was very puzzled and not happy when Mirabelli was traded. I feel bad for Bard, putting a youngster to catch Wakes is pressure; I hope Fenway fans are not nasty to him.
    Maybe that guy from the BOB's store commercial could give catching wake another try?

I was also puzzled by the mirabelli trade but nor because we got rid of dougie but because doug was all that the padre's could get for a guy who is a threat to win a batting title. I loved the deal dispite being a HUGE doug fan.

I think Bard will become acclimated to catching Wake, but I don't feel bad for him yet; ) Now if a couple past balls results in a 9th inning Yankee come from behind win I'll personally contribute to the Josh Bard back up catcher relocation program.

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    Regarding Mirabelli: WEEI was reporting Wednesday that Mirabelli wore out his welcome in Boston last year(clubhouse cancer-like) so when the trade arose to bring in Loretta at a bargain the Sox jumped at the chance to get rid of Mirabelli...

Now onto Bard- I'd give him two more starts at most. If he doesn't improve he should be sent down to Pawtucket to be replaced by Huckaby. Three starts is the minimum he deserves, you can't judge him based on his first real outing with Wakefield much less the second game of the season...

Leave a comment:

• runningshoes
    replied
    Originally posted by Jager
    I understand it was only one game, but when I was watching it I actually helled at the tv "Catch the ball." lol. He was aweful. In just over 3 innings he had 4 passed balls, and 3 others that he barely stopped. Its going to take time, but that wasn't a good start.
    You helled at the tv?

He was aweful?

Once again: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Leave a comment:

• RedSoxVT92
    replied
    Whenever you can get a starter for a backup it is always a steal. But it did take away as well as give. Mirribelli could catch Wakefield effectivley and was probably the best backup catcher in the majors. But Loretta solved a hole at 2nd and he does play every day. Is a very good hitter(.335 in 04) and a good 2nd baseman. Hopefully Bard will get better as the season goes as that was his first game and probably was very nervous. So I dont think this will end up being a major problem unless Bard ends up not able to do the job. So the Mirribeli-Lorreta trade was a very good trade for us even though there were some negitives.

Leave a comment:

• SoxSon
    replied
    Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
    Huh? In trading Mirabelli, we took away the only person who could catch Wakefield, thus eliminating most of Wakefield's effectiveness.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    See now...as much as I like Mirabelli, that was one move this offseason that I thought was a clear slamdunk for us.
    Huh? In trading Mirabelli, we took away the only person who could catch Wakefield, thus eliminating most of Wakefield's effectiveness.

Leave a comment:

• SoxSon
    replied
    Originally posted by CuriousBoston
    I was very puzzled and not happy when Mirabelli was traded.

See now...as much as I like Mirabelli, that was one move this offseason that I thought was a clear slamdunk for us.

Leave a comment:

• CuriousBoston
    replied
    >>>>>

I feel bad for anyone trying to catch Wakes; Varitek couldn't do it. Unless Bard can adapt very quickly, which is not fair to expect, Wakes has to be pulled if there are baserunners.

I was very puzzled and not happy when Mirabelli was traded. I feel bad for Bard, putting a youngster to catch Wakes is pressure; I hope Fenway fans are not nasty to him.

Leave a comment:

• VTSoxFan
    replied
    Should I merge this thread with the other one about Bard?

Also, as long as we're nitpicking, "definitely" is spelled "definitely".

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by Jager
    In the poll "you" is spelled wrong. I don't care I just don't like polls like that. It is obvious that Bard did bad, so there really isn't any reason to bother. Bard definetely did bad.
    So the posts can have misspellings but the polls can't have a typo. Incidentally, there is no e in awful.
    I really hope you don't expect veteran site members to cater to you.

Leave a comment:

• Jager
    replied
    In the poll "you" is spelled wrong. I don't care I just don't like polls like that. It is obvious that Bard did bad, so there really isn't any reason to bother. Bard definetely did bad.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X