Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoxSon
    replied
    That's a really nice, sad article, Annie.
    I, too, have always had a soft spot for Daubach.

Leave a comment:

• VTSoxFan
    replied
    I'm dusting off this old thread, having found a rather poignant article while Googling for info on one of my favorite players this morning:

Dauber article

Ol' Dauber may have been streaky, but he never complained. I'd love to see him back again, but he doesn't fit the Jamesian mold.

Leave a comment:

• DickZ
    replied
    Originally posted by VTSoxFan
    .... I always liked the guy. I hope he gets a share, and a ring. ...
    Thanks, Annie. I liked him too. I remember a couple of Ortiz-like game winning home runs in regular season games, but they were probably a few years ago - before he went off to the White Sox and later returned.

Leave a comment:

• VTSoxFan
    replied
    After spending almost half the season with the Sox, he was sent to Pawtucket when Nomar was activated and spent the rest of the season there. He was dropped from the 40-man roster due to a plethora of 1B-DH type players.

He was, however, according to Howie Singer (Sox in the City, www.theremyreport.com ) with the team at least as a spectator in St L. and was welcomed with open arms. He probably won't be with the club this coming season, what with Millar, Ortiz and Minentkeiwicz on hand.

I always liked the guy. I hope he gets a share, and a ring.

Leave a comment:

• DickZ
    started a topic Where Did Brian Daubach Go??

Where Did Brian Daubach Go??

Does anybody know where Brian Daubach is now? I remember seeing him in the Red Sox uniform during the regular season, but he wasn't with the post-season squad.

He doesn't seem to be listed with any other teams for 2004 in the various online baseball information sources.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X