Minors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minors

Since Fenway is out of the question I got tickets for the Paw Sox for this upcoming Wednesday and Thursday and plan on heading north to Lowell to see the recent draftees in June. Even if they aren't the big league team, just being part of the Red Sox family should be good enough

Anyone else planning on heading to see the youngsters in action at all this year?
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Well unfortunetely I'm a Sox fan in Mississippi. I moved here from Mass. about 4 years ago, so I don't get to see the Sox, but I do go and see the Braves AA team here in Mississippi. Before I left Mass. I had gone a few times, and its fun baseball. BTW make sure you give us a scouting report. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
      Anyone else planning on heading to see the youngsters in action at all this year?
      Absolutely...I'll probably hit at least a half dozen games in Pawtucket. Such a nice ballpark, prices are more than reasonable, even parking is free. They're also very family friendly, which while I don't have kids, is still nice (I'd rather have little kids running around than drunk jerks).

I haven't been to any games in Lowell yet, but might try to get up there. New England has a ton of minor league stadiums at all levels, from AAA down to independant leagues. Heck, there's even the Cape Code league. Eventually, I'll try to hit them all.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

My family and I usually hit McCoy Stadium at least once or twice a season. It's about the only thing Red Sox related we can afford to do as a family. I'm also reasonably close to the AA New Britain Rock Cats (Twins) and I'm going to see if I can land some tickets when the Sea Dogs come around.

2007 World Series Champions
        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
          My family and I usually hit McCoy Stadium at least once or twice a season. It's about the only thing Red Sox related we can afford to do as a family. I'm also reasonably close to the AA New Britain Rock Cats (Twins) and I'm going to see if I can land some tickets when the Sea Dogs come around.
          Nice. The Rock Cats were the Sox affiliate 10 years ago so you get a double dose of Sox there
          Best posts ever:

Comment

Ill probably see the Vermont Sea Monsters (Washington) low A. So there isnt really any big prospects there or nothing but hey its a ballgame.
            go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
              Nice. The Rock Cats were the Sox affiliate 10 years ago so you get a double dose of Sox there
              Kinda. The Bristol/New Britain Red Sox were relocated to Trenton where they were snapped up by the Yankees. The Rock Cats were brought in to make use of the nice little stadium that New Bri'in built for them. They also hosted an A-League soccer team (CT Wolves) for a few seasons. I'm just glad that I didn't have to deal so much with the Norwich Navigators, who were the Yankee AA affiliates. They've since changed names (CT Defenders) and major league affiliation (SF Giants), but at least they have a groovy logo.

2007 World Series Champions
              The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Kinda. The Bristol/New Britain Red Sox were relocated to Trenton where they were snapped up by the Yankees. The Rock Cats were brought in to make use of the nice little stadium that New Bri'in built for them. They also hosted an A-League soccer team (CT Wolves) for a few seasons. I'm just glad that I didn't have to deal so much with the Norwich Navigators, who were the Yankee AA affiliates. They've since changed names (CT Defenders) and major league affiliation (SF Giants), but at least they have a groovy logo.

Seems like yesterday that I was watching Mo Vaughn down there in New Britain.
                "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I did not know that, I thought they simply changed affiliations.

At least it's the same city as the former Sox team
                  Best posts ever:

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSon
                    Seems like their last few years before being shifted to Trenton they featured a bunch of guys who would impact the team for much of the 90s.

Did anyone attend games featuring the other minor league affiliates like Sarasota(former), Lynchburg(former), Augusta(former), Elmira(former), etc.?
                    Best posts ever:

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSon
                      I saw him a lot in Pawtucket. He and Phil Plantier were the big sluggers there at one point.
                      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X