Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a reason why Foulke is still on the team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a reason why Foulke is still on the team?

If someone can offer any insight other than wishful thinking, I'd appreciate it.
    BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

I'll give you about 7.5 Million of them, all of which are in the bank.

If he doesn't improve soon he'll have a ticket to the 60 day DL without much chance of coming back.

The good news is that Papelbon looks like he can handle the closer duties. Even better news is that Foulke will likely NOT have his option picked up for next year!!!
    Last edited by efin98; 04-11-2006, 11:33 PM.
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Really what do you want them to do with Foulke? If he doesn't pitch good we can put him in during blowouts, and whatnot, if he does pitch good thats a bonus. what do you think we should do with him? No one would trade for him. Who would take that contract for a guy that isn't pitching good? The best we could hope for is that he starts pitching very well, then we try to trade him for a team desperate for a closer before the deadline. I'd be happy to see him go anyways. I'd love to see Hansen closing next season. BTW does anyone know where I can find a list of FA's for next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
        Really what do you want them to do with Foulke? If he doesn't pitch good we can put him in during blowouts,
        So the other team has a good chance to get back into the game?

Comment

Originally posted by MudvilleMike
          So the other team has a good chance to get back into the game?
          What about putting him in when the blowout is against us?

Comment

Tough to cut a guy making the kind of dough Foulke is making. Since you have to pay him anyway and you do have a viable option at closer there is nothing wrong with giving him some time to right the ship.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
              What about putting him in when the blowout is against us?
              not possible Boston never gets blown out
              2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
                Tough to cut a guy making the kind of dough Foulke is making. Since you have to pay him anyway and you do have a viable option at closer there is nothing wrong with giving him some time to right the ship.
                I'm pretty sure I saw that movie last year. I'd like something more to go on than hope.

Comment

I think they're using Foulke pretty much perfectly. They've got Papelbon closing for now, and are giving Foulke chances to win back the job in non-game threatening situations.

He's pitched what, 4 times this year? The first one he was lousy, decent the second, really good the third, and so-so the fourth (the HR should have been caught).

He had a bad year last year, but with his contract and past performance, it's a bit early to give up on him.

Regardless of how he does, they won't pick up his option, so he'll be around for just this year. He's a guy with a lot of potential upside for this year, and gives the young guys (Hansen, Lester, etc) another year to develop.
                  Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X