David Wells go back to the Yanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CuriousBoston
    It is not panic to want Wells gone; he is not in shape physically or mentally. Those are facts;logically he should not be pitching. Now a healthy young pitcher will get a chance, and maybe Papelbon will get more innings.
    I think the only innings Papelbon is going to get are 9th innings. Lenny Dinardo will be an interesting fill-in. At least Wells' bad start takes some of the pressure off him.

2007 World Series Champions
    The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Yes, I agree...

Originally posted by SoxSon
      If we're going to tell it like it is, though, CB, Wells has never been in shape physically or mentally.
      Yes, I agree, I don't understand how anyone could think he belongs in the majors, on a contending team.
      Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
      Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousBoston
        Yes, I agree, I don't understand how anyone could think he belongs in the majors, on a contending team.
        Well, he's got a career ERA of 4.07. Plus, he won 15 games last season for Boston (I realize he had the best run support around! ). From your 4th or 5th starter, though, that's good. He also is known for not walking batters.

Regardless of what happens this season, I don't believe we'll see David Wells in baseball again next year.
        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I've heard something about Wells missing his next start. Anyone hear the same?

Anyway, when he does return, what do people think he'll do? Be good, pretty good? Or bad to very bad?

How many innings and earned runs do you expect from him over his next 2 starts?
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
            I've heard something about Wells missing his next start. Anyone hear the same?
            He's not only missing his next start, he's probably going to miss his next three starts- he's on the DL.

See the post above with the link to the DL story.
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
              He's not only missing his next start, he's probably going to miss his next three starts- he's on the DL.

See the post above with the link to the DL story.
              Yeah, post #40 of a RS press release: Red Sox place left-hander David Wells on disabled list
              Recall right-hander Jermaine Van Buren

Never mind. :o
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Ah, yeh...we do. Bye-bye Snow, hello platoon with Youk (eventually and inevitably pushing Youk out, I'd guess).
                Anyway, you're a lot of fun to do business with.
                You already have a poor fielding 1stbaseman with power. Big Papi? Anyway, you want Shelton and Maroth for injured David Wells. I would say you have to spice up the deal a little Josh Beckett and Manny....I know lil too much? How about this Shelton, Maroth, Craig Monroe for Wells, Beckett, and Manny?

Comment

Originally posted by tigers527
                  You already have a poor fielding 1stbaseman with power. Big Papi? Anyway, you want Shelton and Maroth for injured David Wells. I would say you have to spice up the deal a little Josh Beckett and Manny....I know lil too much? How about this Shelton, Maroth, Craig Monroe for Wells, Beckett, and Manny?

...dat sounds lik a grat deel!!!

P.S. No one here really thinks of Ortiz as the first baseman, tigers527.
                  "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

P.S. No one here really thinks of Ortiz as the first baseman, tigers527.
                    Well he does serve as the first baseman while in NL parks, and as a last resort first baseman(heaven forbid!!!)
                    Best posts ever:

Comment

Well he does serve as the first baseman while in NL parks, and as a last resort first baseman(heaven forbid!!!)
                      I'm aware of that, as is every fan of Boston. My point stands, though: no one thinks of Ortiz as the Red Sox first baseman.

Comment

Which is like saying that your spot starter from the pen is now in your rotation.

Other than in an NL park, when does Ortiz play 1B for Boston?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                          Which is like saying that your spot starter from the pen is now in your rotation.

Other than in an NL park, when does Ortiz play 1B for Boston?
                          Well, with Wells out one that actually is the case- see DiNardo's start as evidence

Ortiz had one game last year at 1b outside of the NL parks, 25 in 2004, 36 in 2003...so he has played 1b outside of the NL parks.
                          Best posts ever:

Comment

I think the hot dogs are finally getting to Wells.

Well, DiNardo had an impressive start last season and was not all that bad against Seattle this past week, so I would not mind him getting starts over David Wells. He's younger and he's not badly out of shape like Wells is. If the kid does well, I hope he stays in the rotation and Wells just disappears. Heck, I think we just might have seen the last of David Wells.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X