Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnny Damon claimed off waivers by Red Sox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Damon claimed off waivers by Red Sox...

... But the Red Sox are on Damons' no trade list, he can refuse if he wants to.

The sox may be trying to block a trade to another team, or maybe they're looking for more bench depth with Ells and Cam both out for the rest of the season.

Are you sure a no-trade clause overrides being released on waivers?? I can see may the holding team would pull a player back and then try to negotiate a trade, but not a straight waiver claim.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I read it on Red Sox .com, Johnny has final approval of any trade to all but eight teams. He can either accept a trade to Boston, or the Tigers can pull him back and will have to keep him for the rest of the season.

Comment

sure, i would take him back. He is a good clubhouse guy and can still play better than half the guys we have now. Sure, let's sign Manny while we are at it.

Comment

I believe most Sox fans would also welcome him back, myself included. I think he can help us.

I've read that Damon is conflicted about coming back to the Sox. On the one hand, he could help the Red Sox possibly make the playoffs which would look good on his reume as a FA next year. On the other hand I've read he wasn't happy with the way the fans treated him while he was with the Yankees and may be harboring some bad feelings. So I'm not sure if he'll waive his no trade clause and accept coming back.

My guess is that he'll think about it for a day or two before making a decision.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he won't approve a deal. He knows how it was to loose the Red Sox fans and witha homecoming he wouldnt. Win them 100% again but he would loose the Yankee fans. There is a reason he put the Red Sox on his no trade list. And he says he would do it because his "beloved" Tigers would get a prospect for him. Thats nit the right motivation if u are boston. Besides Damon is on a massive decline.
            I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

Well I was sure wrong. He does get to deny this claim if he wishes to. I think it would be a mistake personnally. Both he and the Boston fans burned some bridges as he was on his way out of town to NY.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X