Mike Lowell retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Lowell retires

A long time Bosox player mike lowell retired.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

He had a terrible season(and was not very good to begin with) so I think it was good that he retired. couldn't help in boston anyway.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

thanks for your riveting insight into the player. He has been a player of class and dedicated to the team first. Most players cant say that. Thanks for everything Mike Lowell, you are one of the good guys in the sport.

Comment

C'mon back to us when you have 222 lifetime homers in the majors and nearly 1,000 RBIs, Dominik. This is the first season of Lowell's career where his WAR is negative.

Comment

It's too bad Boston only saw the decline phase of Mike Lowell. Except, of course, for the 2007 World Series, where he was the MVP.
        "I do not care if half the league strikes. Those who do it will encounter quick retribution. All will be suspended and I don't care if it wrecks the National League for five years. This is the United States of America and one citizen has as much right to play as another. The National League will go down the line with Robinson whatever the consequences. You will find if you go through with your intention that you have been guilty of complete madness."

NL President Ford Frick, 1947

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
          thanks for your riveting insight into the player. He has been a player of class and dedicated to the team first. Most players cant say that. Thanks for everything Mike Lowell, you are one of the good guys in the sport.
          I have only seen him in the last 2 years or so and his career stats don't look so compelling 108 OPS+ doesn't look so impressive. was he a good fielder?

Of course I might be wrong since I have not seen him much, but this year he was certainly no help.
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

so if you are unsure, why come on here and post supidity? I think you just like to get under pour skin.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
              I have only seen him in the last 2 years or so and his career stats don't look so compelling 108 OPS+ doesn't look so impressive. was he a good fielder?

Of course I might be wrong since I have not seen him much, but this year he was certainly no help.
              Lowell was a four time all star and a gold glove winning third baseman who is the all time career fielding percentage leader for a third baseman at .974%.

Most of his career he was almost always a decent to good hitter with some power. In 2008 he played with a hip injury which resulted in off season surgery. After surgery he still hit decently but wasn’t very mobile so the last few years he has not been able to field very well at third base. This year he played sparingly and his offense slipped quite a bit.

Mike Lowell has always been a class act and I’m thankful for his time with the Red Sox. I wish him the best of luck in his retirement.

Comment

He was a stellar player on two World Series winners - the Marlins of 2003 and MVP in the Sox 2007 Championship. Could play third with the best of them when he was young, good power, but was hurt by injuries. Always played with dignity and was a leader. He will be a missed.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X