Boston accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston accent

I was watching the Redsox 2004 season recently and it sounded like some of the players on that team had Boston accents. I think the players were Millar,Youkalilis and Varieitek. I could be wrong on the players tho but nobody on that team was from Boston as far as I know. Did the players decide to honor Boston with fake accents? And how does a Boston native feel about that if they were doing that?
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    I was watching the Redsox 2004 season recently and it sounded like some of the players on that team had Boston accents. I think the players were Millar,Youkalilis and Varieitek. I could be wrong on the players tho but nobody on that team was from Boston as far as I know. Did the players decide to honor Boston with fake accents? And how does a Boston native feel about that if they were doing that?
    Haha that's weird. Millar is from L.A., Varietek is from Michigan and Youk is from Ohio.

FTR, I grew up in the San Fernando valley and if any Dodger started talking like Jeff Spicoli I would consider it totally bitchin and rather gnarly.
    Last edited by jnakamura; 10-13-2010, 02:24 PM.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X