Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Farrell to manage Toronto Blue Jays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Farrell to manage Toronto Blue Jays?

Peter Gammons is reporting that he has heard from three GMs that John Farrell will be the new manager of the Toronto Blue Jays.

What do Red Sox fans think of Farrell? Will he do a good job in Toronto?
    Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

great pitching coach. I think he will do reaqlly well as manager. Sucks for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
      great pitching coach. I think he will do reaqlly well as manager. Sucks for us.
      That's good news for Jays fans. Thanks for the response.
      Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

I think his specialty is working with young arms. He did really well in Cleveland.

Comment

LOL Cooperstown I came over here to ask the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperstownersincanada View Post
            Peter Gammons is reporting that he has heard from three GMs that John Farrell will be the new manager of the Toronto Blue Jays.

What do Red Sox fans think of Farrell? Will he do a good job in Toronto?
            As Boston Boxer mentioned, he has a reputation for being very good at developing and working with young pitchers. From the Jay's point of view he is the perfect choice. I were really excited if I were a Jays fan. Of course, as a Red Sox fan, I'm less than thrilled that he and his intimate knowledge of the Sox pitching staff go to a division rival.
            More on his past from the Globe:
            "He was Cleveland's player development director for five years and Boston's pitching coach the past four seasons. He pitched in the majors for parts of eight seasons with Cleveland, California and Detroit. His final season was 1996."
            Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X