No announcement yet.

Former BoSox pitcher Arroyo throws complete game for fifth win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most important thing about this win is, despite the so-called weaker NL hitting (must be the "lack of a DH" thing), he had Albert Pujols hitless. This was the highly-rated Cards and he held the top NL hitter hitless. That's gotta be great.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/[email protected]
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
      The most important thing about this win is, despite the so-called weaker NL hitting (must be the "lack of a DH" thing), he had Albert Pujols hitless. This was the highly-rated Cards and he held the top NL hitter hitless. That's gotta be great.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/[email protected]
      True, but for all my "I told you so," it is still worth mentioning that Pujols has been bothered by a stiff back lately. I have a feeling that the next time these two square off, it will be a different Pujols that he faces. I still think Arroyo can contain the Cards as a team, though.

2007 World Series Champions
      The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
        True, but for all my "I told you so," it is still worth mentioning that Pujols has been bothered by a stiff back lately. I have a feeling that the next time these two square off, it will be a different Pujols that he faces. I still think Arroyo can contain the Cards as a team, though.
        Hmmmmmmmmmm, haven't heard about the bad back thing. Could be reasonable that if he's hurting, then he'd have an "oh-fer" game (he was 0-for-3). I'll accept that.

I remember hearing about one of Nolan Ryan's 7 no-hitters, McGwire and Canseco were out of the A's lineup. I think it was Jim Edmonds that had gotten 2 hits.

Still, Arroyo's doing something impressive, far more than a #5 pitcher now. I remember a few years ago, the Reds traded Scott Sauerbeck to Boston, as he was a lefty specilaist. I think they were having a fire sale back then or something, but Boston and Cincy have traded before.

As to what the Reds will do with Arroyo--keep him or trade him--if they are trading him, he could be a hot commodity, like a poor man's Dontrelle Willis, I would think.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
          I meant that I was more modest in my expectations.
          Yeah, I know.
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X