Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 mlb Draft, scouting, Red Sox selections and signings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
    Scaff, how would you rate the 2011 Red Sox draft now that we know who signed? And where would you put the new guys on your prospect rankings. Barnes and Swihart in the 10-15 range (too low?)? What do you think about Bradley and Kukuk?
    Is a very good one, isn't a great one. Barnes is a top 5 prospect and Swihart a top 15 mainly because i am not sure that he could stay as a catcher. I like the two LHP (Owens and Kukuk) I am not as high on Bradley and Betts. Golson is a elite athlete and the Red Sox wanted him badly, too bad that they couldn't sign him, it wasn't a money factor. Mattew Spolding could be a sleeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
      Scaff, how would you rate the 2011 Red Sox draft now that we know who signed? And where would you put the new guys on your prospect rankings. Barnes and Swihart in the 10-15 range (too low?)? What do you think about Bradley and Kukuk?
      Well I think it's a very good one. My opinion is constructed by the numbers of guys the Red Sox got that were on every scouts Top 100. There were a number of players that only based on talent should have gone higher and the Red Sox not able to get them. But they still did.

Logically, Swihart, Bradley jr. and Barnes are those type of guys. They were projected to go much higher either at the beginning of the year or the day before the draft took place. So yes, I'm very pleased!
      I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

• In concluding the 2011 Red Sox draft from my side, they gave Marcus "Mookie" Betts a $750,000 bonus and there are reports that Senquez Golson and South Carolina H.S. RHP Daniel Gossett left 7+ figure bonus on the table in order to go to college. There are other prospects like Diel, Messe, Gaines, Herrera,Youngdahl,Poole, O'dell and Martin that will be interesting to see how they perform in college.

Comment

• wrong thread, see the international scouting thread.
          Last edited by scaffolds; 09-27-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X