No announcement yet.

Mike Lowell, the New Boggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Lowell is definitely doing something right. With 3 doubles on the night and a spectacular fielding play he is the best off season acquisition that the sox made.

To think we where " getting stuck with Lowell" in order to get Beckett.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMorello
      Well Lowell is definitely doing something right. With 3 doubles on the night and a spectacular fielding play he is the best off season acquisition that the sox made.

Amen. Even though one of those doubles went to right, that wall has got his name written all over it. He has also lifted his BA to .350.

2007 World Series Champions
      The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Seems like Lowell should be called "Mr. Double". Leads the majors with 16, two baggers so far this year and 5 in the last 2 games. He is taking advantage of Fenway and he keeps getting it down the line to the Green Monster. Lowell has been playing very good for us thus far, with his defense and the bat. Hopefully he can keep this up the whole year.
        go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Originally posted by CJMorello
          Heh heh, what a difference a month makes. The great thing is that Lowell could stink and the deal would still make sense. If Lowell is a star, it's the ultimate steal.
          BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Thanks to my long commute, I listen to alot of XM 175 (MLB Homeplate).

I remember at the time of the Josh Beckett trade, there was alot of analysis, (as there always is with trades,) about how the deal would impact both teams.

From the Red Sox side, I recall there were several opinions that the sleeper, or X-factor in the deal was in fact Mike Lowell. They seemed to think that going to the Red Sox and Fenway was exactly what he needed to resurrect his career.

Sure there was a chance that he'd be the albatross the Red Sox had to take in order to make the deal happen, but there seemed to be a consensus that playing 81 games at Fenway would be an ideal situation for him. Not so much that he'd be pounding the ball over the monster, but making dents in it.

Let's just hope he keeps it up and gives some of the talking heads a chance to say " I told you so".
            Ken :gt

Comment

Mike Lowell the new Wade Boggs?!?!

Please dear god make sure he stays the hell away from Margo Adams and or Moving Jeeps!!!!!!
              Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

I don't know what kind of injury Lowell sustained, but there are lots of stories where ballplayers became better players as a result of adjusting to an injury.

I don't know if this change in style is permanent, but Lowell has proven himself over time to be a determined player. Look what he's already come back from just to play. His defense has always been top shelf, and if he's made a change in his hitting style to adapt to a new physical reality/take advantage of a different kind of park/league, etc., well, that's intelligence and adaptability that you don't see everyday in a player.

How many guys do you see trying to swing for the fences when their bodies, due to injury, have rendered them as whiffers and long fly ball out hitters? If this change takes, I am EXTREMELY impressed with Lowell, as a player and as a person.
                "I do not care if half the league strikes. Those who do it will encounter quick retribution. All will be suspended and I don't care if it wrecks the National League for five years. This is the United States of America and one citizen has as much right to play as another. The National League will go down the line with Robinson whatever the consequences. You will find if you go through with your intention that you have been guilty of complete madness."

NL President Ford Frick, 1947

Comment

When was he injured? I'm a bit confused about what your saying. What did he adapt to? I know he's in a different park, but most players will hit better at Fenway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                    Just curious, why is he batting 7th if he's that good? Shouldn't he be batting 5th or somewhere around this?
                    He should be hitting at least 6th in the order right behind Nixon considering Varitek is in a bit of a slump(.247 avg.)

He does move up in the batting order when Mirabelli plays, he batted 5th yesterday.
                    Best posts ever:
                    Originally posted by nymdan
                    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X