2011 Red Sox Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Red Sox Season Thread

Because in about 8 hours it will start for our beloved Boston Red Sox: the 2011 regular season aka the quest for ring no 8!

Today Salty and Red Sox will take on Beltre and the Rangers. And the linup that (hopefully gets the first many wins this year) is Ells, Pedey, Crawford, Gonzalez, Youks, Ortiz, Cameron, Salty, Scutaro with Lester on the mound.

Welcome 2011 season and GO SOX!
    Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

really excited for the season...hope we dont have the injury bug this year. GO SOX!!!

Comment

The Sox look really good this year after a great off-season. Now it's time to see if they can make it happen. Gonna be a fun summer!
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Not much good to say about the pitching in the game...just kinda ugly. The offense was a bit better. Gonzalez had a nice first game in Boston, while Crawford looked like he was pressing.

Comment

i think having to face CJ Wilson, Crawford was overmatched. He is pressing and hopefully he will just settle in and be the player he was in TB. I was not impressed with the pitching in ST, but i chalked it up to ST. We should evaluate after April, but i have a feeling in my gut that we will need to out slug the opponent. Still too early to tell though.

Comment

Pitching, specially starting pitching was horrible in Spring training, can't completely ignore that.

Comment

11-3 in the 5th. Lackey was abused. I think i am going to puke and its only game two.

Comment

Sox made a silly move getting rid of Beltre and Vic-mar. Both are doing great.

Comment

our problem out of the gate is not hitting, but pitching...so if Beltre and VMart can throw 6 strong innings, i dont see your point.

Comment

Regarding Lackey, I swear I read in our Daily News last week that in 2010, his wife had some form of cancer and he "lost a baby." They didn't say if it was a miscarriage or infant death nor did they mention where the wife's cancer was. I wouldn't skewer him too much. This is NASTY!!! Outside of baseball, I wouldn't want to chide him in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                      Sox made a silly move getting rid of Beltre and Vic-mar. Both are doing great.
                      In two games.

Comment

No need to panic yet...it's two games against last year's AL Champion, on the road. I think the Sox will be just fine long term. Hopefully Buchholz will have a good game today and a talk a few of our more more flightly brotheren away from the ledge.

One nice thing...Papi is off to a hot start. If he can avoid the slow April of the last few seasons, that'll be a huge boost for the Sox (and it'll cut down on "is Big Papi done?!!!!" articles and posts.

Comment

Lackey hs never pitched well against Texas, specially in Texas, having him move up to the 2 spot and pitching him in Texas instead going with the hot hand of Matsuzaka is another of those great moves that Francona usually makes.

Comment

That may have been a good move...let Lackey (and Beckett) ease into the season with starts against Cleveland.

The Sox schedule for April is actually pretty strong...after Cleveland, we play NY, Tampa, Toronto, and LA. If they come out of April well, that'll be a good sign.

Comment

Doesn't that great Red Sox line up look impressive, just like they did in Spring training, they must have a great hitting coach.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X