Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
    We won today. What the hells going on?
    It matches the longest win streak of the year...and thanks to rainouts and off days, they're playing .500 ball since what, Tuesday?!
    Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackout
      are you really allowed to write like this to people?

I've been here 5 years longer than you.

I certainly hope the moderators address you for your behavior, I don't come here to get insulted I come here for baseball.
      and i have been here 2 years longer than you. You are more than welcome here if you want to talk baseball and be involved with some real dialog. We feel you are just here to get a rise out of everyone and cause problems. Just like any other fan base, it is ok for us to trash our team, but we dont like it when other fans come on our forum and do it. It is just the way it is.

so, how do you think Crawford is going to break out of his slump. He obviously will not play like this all year, because his career states otherwise. I think he will be worth every penny of his contract, he just needs to get going.

Comment

• and Lester goes today...look out, we could have a win streak on our hands

Comment

• Nice win today....both the offense and the pitching was solid, although neither was perfect. A two-game winning streak!

Comment

• The Red Sox won two games in a row?!

On a serious note, good to see Beckett and Lester pitching well. Let's hope Matsuzaka can continue the trend today. One can hope, right?

Comment

• A veritable winning streak! Shall we make it 3 in a row? Hope on, hope ever!

On another note: I know that these are the times that try Sox fans' souls, and we are inclined to be more crabby than usual about the Boys of Bummer, but I hope that we can all keep cool heads and not take out our frustration on others in the forum. I started here late in the '01 season, which makes this year seem like a walk in the park (so far), and I am confident that things will turn around. So while of course I don't like snide remarks about the Sox (at any time, though I make enough of them myself), I hope I am able to resist any bait that may be cast in our waters. I hope we are all able to resist it, and I thank you all for making the effort.
              --Annie
              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
              Remember Yellowdog
              ABNY

Comment

• Yes, let's make this three in a row. or in the words of the great Millar: Don't let the Sox win tonight! right?
                Last edited by Therwil Flyer; 04-18-2011, 07:41 AM.
                Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

• Dice-K can't possibly pitch any worse than he did last time out, right? Plus, isn't this his pattern...pitch so badly you're about to be shipped out of town, then pitch just well enough for a while that you give us all hope you've figured it out?

I'm loving it...Red Sox at 11 am, then my first Pawsox game of the year at 6:15!

Comment

• Well, now, that was a good 1st inning for Matsuzaka.
                    --Annie
                    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                    Remember Yellowdog
                    ABNY

Comment

• Today is the 30th anniversary of the "Longest Game" played at McCoy in 1981 (the start of it, anyway). I'll be at McCoy tonight, it'll be interesting to see if they schedule any ceremony or anything. They had the author of the new book on the longest game signing there yesterday.

Dice-K through two scoreless!

Comment

• Next time someone wants to release or trade Dice-K, remind them how well he pitches on 7 days rest in morning games!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
                          Next time someone wants to release or trade Dice-K, remind them how well he pitches on 7 days rest in morning games!
                          It's as if he was a different pitcher entirely today. Amazing.

How about white-hot Lowrie? Wow!
                          --Annie
                          Remember Yellowdog
                          ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan View Post
                            It's as if he was a different pitcher entirely today. Amazing.How about white-hot Lowrie? Wow!
                            True, Dice-K pitched a good game today, though I get frustrated with him because he's been inconsistant the past few years. I believe he has the talent to be a good pitcher, and as I mentioned previously I'm rooting for him to pitch consistantly well the rest of the season.

Lowrie looks great, lets hope Tito keeps him a SS.

Comment

• Makes me wonder how much Tek influenced today's pitching performance. I'd be ok with him catching Beckett and Dice-K, as long as he can withstand the wear and tear.

Comment

• More dirty water! I could get used to it! ;-) Let's take this winning streak to the west coast, shall we. Oh, and I apologize to Matsuzaka-san. way to bounce back!
                                Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X