Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan View Post
    Wow, some hurt feelings everywhere.

Would I trade Carl Crawford for Jason Bay right now with no money included, just the contracts as they are for each player? I would.

And by the way, Therwil Flyer, we are the Houston Astros, the A-s-t-r-o-s. Got it?
    The Crawford hatred is getting a bit boring. Someone was bound to underperform. He will bounce back next year. And it's not like he is the problem.

Also, I don't give a s*** if we currently play like the Astros, Mets (again sorry Blue) or some other crap team. I say Red Sox and Braves in the World Series. Anyone like to take that bet?
    Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

• Originally posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
      No offense Blue! I happen to like the Mets. But you can't deny that they have been the masters of epic meltdowns in recent years.
      The Mets are 9-13 for September. I would like to point out the Red Sox are currently 5-16 for the same month.
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
        I love it when the Yankee trolls come in and talk ****. Makes it all worth while when we kick their ass in the playoffs. We are not playing worth a damn right now, but we have the far better team and far better organization.
        Hey didn't you come to the yankee forum a couple of times yourself?
        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by dominik View Post
          Hey didn't you come to the yankee forum a couple of times yourself?
          of course...i need to keep GiambiJuice in check and make sure he is not stretching the truth and misremembering

now go get your shinebox!

Comment

• Rays are doing their part to help you back in to the playoffs. Come home and are presently losing 5-0 to a sub .500 pitcher after scoring 15 in NY yesterday. If I was so inclined, this team would drive me to drink sometimes...
            Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
              The Mets are 9-13 for September. I would like to point out the Red Sox are currently 5-16 for the same month.
              And 14 and a half games out of the wild card spot I would like to point out.
              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by raysnbran View Post
                Rays are doing their part to help you back in to the playoffs. Come home and are presently losing 5-0 to a sub .500 pitcher after scoring 15 in NY yesterday. If I was so inclined, this team would drive me to drink sometimes...
                It's called the "Bozo Syndrome." Us Bostonians are familiar with it. Example was when the Pats still stunk/were getting up into the mediocre range, they'd always upset/play well against a major team (Dolphins, Raiders, Rams, Packers) and then we'd face a team as bad as us (Buffalo, Baltimore Colts, Jets) and we'd then look awful, finding new ways to lose.

Can happen to any team in any sport.
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Red Sox have not lost a game in two days.

Comment

• Today sets the tone

I feel that if Lester comes out and gives us a quality start today it should carry over pretty well to tomorrow's doubleheader. While I'm not expecting much from Wake and especially Lackey, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. But today's game is really the must win. This team has all the tools and has put it together for most of the entire season. Now it's time to show that we're the best team in baseball again. We always seem to thrive in these situations, so I'm expecting a series win this weekend and an end to this september slump.
                    Back to being underdogs

Comment

• Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
                      Red Sox have not lost a game in two days.
                      now that's the spirit. I think this calls for a little MOJO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
                        The Crawford hatred is getting a bit boring. Someone was bound to underperform. He will bounce back next year. And it's not like he is the problem.

Also, I don't give a s*** if we currently play like the Astros, Mets (again sorry Blue) or some other crap team. I say Red Sox and Braves in the World Series. Anyone like to take that bet?
                        I'm deeply sorry I bored you. I think that kind of stuff happens in a message board. Anyway, I'll take that bet. I'm a pessimist. That way I'll be positively surprised more often...:-)

Let's say a trip to Boston, green monster seats, and a massage from Heidi Watney inside the monster?
                        I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankeekiller34BigPapi View Post
                          I feel that if Lester comes out and gives us a quality start today it should carry over pretty well to tomorrow's doubleheader.
                          8 runs in 2.2 innings. If they make the postseason, nobody is expecting anything. Maybe thats a good. We need a 180 from everybody.
                          I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

• Yeeeeeesshhh.
                            "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                              he makes tons of money and can't afford child support?

not a low blow one bit....i feel for the kid
                              How do you know he is not paying child support? That is NOT what is being alleged. Why don't you actually read the article before posting, so you don't make inaccurate, obnoxious comments.

The case is about the woman demanding MORE child support, not Bedard failing to pay. That equals a despicable gold-digger who thinks she should be driving around in a 100K car. IF THE CHILD SUPPORT IS INCREASED, THE MONEY SHOULD GO INTO A TRUST FOR THE CHILD!!!!! It should not be increased to that she can have more jewels!!! Women like this disgust me.

I'm 100% confident that the original agreement would have allowed the woman to live a lifestyle above that of 99% of the population. She seems to think she deserves more. She doesn't.

Eric Bedard's salary in 2006, when the agreement was made, was 1.4m. Whatever she was getting then should be FAR more than enough to take great care of the child. I am certain this woman is asking for more for HERSELF, not because she can't take care of the child.

Lots of women out there do just fine with far less than the child support percentage of 1.4m.
                              Last edited by dl4060; 09-25-2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully we win both today. This has to stop sometime, doesn't it?
                                Last edited by dl4060; 09-25-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X