Does Luis Gonzalez hustle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Luis Gonzalez hustle?

After having watched parts of at least 80 Sox' games this year it occurs to me that Adrian Gonzalez does not hustle.

Today I saw him top a pitch from off Matt Harrison in the 7th. Inning and lollygag his way to 1st. base cutting to the dugout less than 1/2 off the way to 1st.

It also seems that he lies on the ground longer than necessary after having tried to dive for a ball.

Finally, it seems as though his is mesmerized by his hits and stands at the plate admiring them for some time.

Am I alone in observing this?

Just asking...
    Last edited by Steven Gallanter; 09-05-2011, 12:13 PM.

Do you mean Adrian Gonzalez???

Luis retired a few years ago...
    Please visit http://sportsfeedia.com/ for the latest RSS feed updates on all your favorite sports and teams (my son created it and is the owner )

Comment

Originally posted by raysnbran View Post
      Do you mean Adrian Gonzalez???

Luis retired a few years ago...
      Woops! Yes, I changed my post. Do any of the BBF folks know how to change the title? Perhaps there is a way that I can delete it and re-post with the correct title? Help!

Comment

manny part 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
          manny part 2?
          Pot-stirring, part 3,624?

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Gallanter View Post
            After having watched parts of at least 80 Sox' games this year it occurs to me that Adrian Gonzalez does not hustle.

Today I saw him top a pitch from off Matt Harrison in the 7th. Inning and lollygag his way to 1st. base cutting to the dugout less than 1/2 off the way to 1st.

It also seems that he lies on the ground longer than necessary after having tried to dive for a ball.

Finally, it seems as though his is mesmerized by his hits and stands at the plate admiring them for some time.

Am I alone in observing this?

Just asking...
            No he is just one of the slowest runners in the MLB. every groundball is a guaranteed DP with him. He better gets those balls in the air.
            I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

He was extremely slow before he arrived in Boston. He's one of the slowest runners I've seen. He seem as slow as a injury Mike Lowell. A injured Mike Lowell was painfully slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
                He was extremely slow before he arrived in Boston. He's one of the slowest runners I've seen. He seem as slow as a injury Mike Lowell. A injured Mike Lowell was painfully slow.
                John Valentin after 99 was painfully slow.

But watching Adrian Gonzalez against the Orioles the past few days it seems that he peels off to the dugout less than halfway to 1st and spends an inordinate amount of time watching his own fly balls...and yeah, he IS slow so it would seem that he should get a move on.

stevegallanter.wordpress.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X