No announcement yet.

My problem with RedSox fans... of late.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My problem with RedSox fans... of late.

I remember a day 7 short years ago screaming along with Boston nation with the dramatic turn of a 3-1 series lead lost by the Yankees. Oh, those were the salad days. Being an American of Irish decent my grandfather grew up in Boston and was of failing health in 2004, and remembering him being happy about the team of his childhood winning.

Those pathetic Boston fans unassuming, expecting the worse, the Eeyore of the baseball world were way more appealing to me than the drunken ambivalent anger of Cubs fans. Something happened though the Boston fans became Yankee fans only worse.

Thinking about it the reason RedSox fans are worse is because, while both Yankee fans and Boston fans are/have become self absorbed, myopic, arrogant, smug, and entitled. The difference is only one fan base deserves to act that way.... hint, not you RedSox fans.

The folks in this forum treated me like crap in 2009 for calling Youk out for charging Porcello a day after Inge had been hit twice by boston pitchers... When I challenged Youk's punk nature I got called out by Boston fan it devolved quick, and I got several warnings and mod messages. I left posting here.

I post a HAHHAHAHHAHAH here and some Sox fan tells me he gets out the bug spray everytime he sees me post...I HAVENT FREAKING POSTED IN 2 YEARS wtf???

You've turned into Yankee fan only worse, you're Yankee fan minus Yankee history.
    Last edited by tigers527; 09-30-2011, 07:33 PM.

ouch. you are not gonna be asked to post around here further lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
      ouch. you are not gonna be asked to post around here further lol
      Not a problem the Boston fans here ruined this entire site for me. But I thought I would explain myself for the HAHHAHAHHAHAHA post.

Comment

Originally posted by tigers527 View Post
        I remember a day 7 short years ago screaming along with Boston nation with the dramatic turn of a 3-1 series lead lost by the Yankees. Oh, those were the salad days. Being an American of Irish decent my grandfather grew up in Boston and was of failing health in 2004, and remembering him being happy about the team of his childhood winning.

Those pathetic Boston fans unassuming, expecting the worse, the Eeyore of the baseball world were way more appealing to me than the drunken ambivalent anger of Cubs fans. Something happened though the Boston fans became Yankee fans only worse.

Thinking about it the reason RedSox fans are worse is because, while both Yankee fans and Boston fans are/have become self absorbed, myopic, arrogant, smug, and entitled. The difference is only one fan base deserves to act that way.... hint, not you RedSox fans.

The folks in this forum treated me like crap in 2009 for calling Youk out for charging Porcello a day after Inge had been hit twice by boston pitchers... When I challenged Youk's punk nature I got called out by Boston fan it devolved quick, and I got several warnings and mod messages. I left posting here.

I post a HAHHAHAHHAHAH here and some Sox fan tells me he gets out the bug spray everytime he sees me post...I HAVENT FREAKING POSTED IN 2 YEARS wtf???

You've turned into Yankee fan only worse, you're Yankee fan minus Yankee history.
        Wait a tick. . . so you go onto the Red Sox forum, criticize a fan favorite, and then you complain when others take offense? Yeah, I can really see why you'd be upset with that.

You can say what you want about Red Sox fans, but EVERY team has idiot fans, even the Tigers, and it's the actions of a few that ruin it for the rest. Also, success of one's team doesn't entitle 'em to act a certain way; it doesn't matter how many championships their team has won.

Kinda funny that blackout warned you about what you've written, like HE'S one to give you advice about THAT!!!!
        Last edited by 9&10; 09-30-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9&10 View Post
          Wait a tick. . . so you go onto the Red Sox forum, criticize a fan favorite, and then you complain when others take offense? Yeah, I can really see why you'd be upset with that.

You can say what you want about Red Sox fans, but EVERY team has idiot fans, even the Tigers, and it's the actions of a few that ruin it for the rest. Also, success of one's team doesn't entitle 'em to act a certain way; it doesn't matter how many championships their team has won.

Kinda funny that blackout warned you about what you've written, like HE'S one to give you advice about THAT!!!!
          there's enough room for all of us on this planet

Comment

Uhhhh yeah typically when you come into another team's forum and bash a player from that team, you MIGHT have people defending him. Some Sox fans have admittedly become very unlikable, yankee-like fans, but that doesn't represent Red Sox Nation as a whole. You can make a whole post about how you don't like Sox fans as of late, but this post has no point to it. I'm sure there are lots of idiot Tigers fans out there, but that doesn't mean all of them are. If there's anything positive to take from this collapse, it's that the "pink hats" (poser fans) will go into a hiding for a little bit because they don't want to be ridiculed by other fans (particularly yankee fans) or don't want to hear how their team are the biggest regular season chokers ever. I'm happy about that, because it'll be less fans in the stands at fenway that never experienced hard times and if they can't go through the hard times, they're not real fans in my opinion. Anyway, voice your displeasure all you want about present day Sox fans, but calling all of us Yankee fans without Yankee history is pretty shortsighted. Oh and for the record it was a comeback from 3 games to none, not 3-1. Maybe you're thinking of 2007 when we did that against the Indians.
            Back to being underdogs

Comment

You come in to our forum three minutes after a loss like that and post what you did without any explanation of what you were referring to and you expect hugs and kisses?

And do you seriously think anyone cares how you feel about us? I'm thinking you do because you started this thread, but please don't go deluding yourself.
              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

fair enough...

You guys did chase away the first manager to win a WS (2 of them even) in nearly 100 years, but I have no point?

Comment

As for Tigers fans, there was a lost generation of baseball in Detroit with maybe a season of close to competitive baseball during the Cecil Fielder years from 1988-2005, so most folks here are a bunch of knuckleheads. The town overall has always been more of football town than baseball anyway.

The Tigers had an equally disappointing collapse in 2009, playing a game 163 v the Twins to a loss. Not many here were jumping off bridges demanding the entire brass of the team be fired. And Leyland wins a WS here and he will never have to worry about keeping a job, or buying a drink in this town again.

Comment

As for Tigers fans, there was a lost generation of baseball in Detroit with maybe a season of close to competitive baseball during the Cecil Fielder years from 1988-2005, so most folks here are a bunch of knuckleheads. The town overall has always been more of football town than baseball anyway.

The Tigers had an equally disappointing collapse in 2009, playing a game 163 v the Twins to a loss. Not many here were jumping off bridges demanding the entire brass of the team be fired. And Leyland wins a WS here and he will never have to worry about keeping a job, or buying a drink in this town again.
                    That's enough. Please. I'm sorry you've been turned off this site, but, really. Regardless of what the Red Sox fans who post in this forum are thinking or feeling, this is not what is done on this site.

Come back to the Tigers forum, talk about the season the team we root for is having. But no need to pick fights with people who aren't asking for it and don't deserve it.
                    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I have to agree that if you go into another team's forum and attack the team, you can't expect a great reception. I'm all for open and polite discourse, even if it's a negative about a team, but I have to think that if the admins talked to you about it, you probably weren't without fault.

That being said, there are idiot fans of every team...especially on the internet. Heck, some Red Sox fans are embarrassing to other Red Sox fans. I'm sure you've gone to a Tigers game and seen a guy who makes you say "man, I wish he was wearing the OTHER teams jersey".

I think the regular Red Sox posters on this forum are pretty reasonable people. Do we appreciate people come in and talking crap, especially when we just suffered a major blow from our favorite team? Of course not. What fan of any team would? But the media and many fans have decided that ALL Red Sox fans suck and deserve the ire of all, so we have to deal with it now. I don't think that's cool.

I just don't get that. The Rays beat out the Red Sox for the playoffs. I went into the Rays forum for the first time ever the next day to congratulate them. I can't imagine what would motivate someone to go into another teams forum and tell them why they hate their team and/or their fans. What's the point?
                      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Mike D pretty much sums up my response to tiger's initial post. But nonetheless, I think Tigers527 might have a point here.

Ever since the Red Sox have gone from cursed losers to perennial contenders, it seems that the fan base has changed. Not so much changed, actually, but expanded. Expanded to include a lot of people who no too little about the Red Sox organization, it's history and baseball in general. Classic bandwagon fans who feel entitled to belittle other teams and their fanbases because of the success that "their" team has or has had in recent years. Pinkhats who feel they can insult other fans when they are down because they themselves never knew the feeling of being a true fan of a losing team. Pretend-fans who are, well, self absorbed, myopic, arrogant, smug, and entitled. I loathe them more than the worst of Yankees-fans!

Am I wrong? Is my subjective perception of Red Sox fans over the last couple of years wrong?
                        Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

Originally posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
                          Mike D pretty much sums up my response to tiger's initial post. But nonetheless, I think Tigers527 might have a point here.

Ever since the Red Sox have gone from cursed losers to perennial contenders, it seems that the fan base has changed. Not so much changed, actually, but expanded. Expanded to include a lot of people who no too little about the Red Sox organization, it's history and baseball in general. Classic bandwagon fans who feel entitled to belittle other teams and their fanbases because of the success that "their" team has or has had in recent years. Pinkhats who feel they can insult other fans when they are down because they themselves never knew the feeling of being a true fan of a losing team. Pretend-fans who are, well, self absorbed, myopic, arrogant, smug, and entitled. I loathe them more than the worst of Yankees-fans!

Am I wrong? Is my subjective perception of Red Sox fans over the last couple of years wrong?
                          Of course it's changed; one of the spoils of success is a fanbase with a growing number of bandwagoners. Gone are the days where you could walk up to the window and get tickets an hour before the game.

In some ways I miss those days, but then I think of the "1918" chants and the feeling of disappointment year after year and realize I don't want to go back to that, EVER.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X