John Lester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Lester

John Lester reported that Redsox starting pitchers were drinking beer in the clubhouse during games and i'm not judging the players who were drinking but I am kinda surprised they would drink in a pennant race. Makes me wonder if Francona may have lost control of that team and maybe that led to his dismissal. Although I do think Lester shoulda kept quiet about that, if he's gonna say it he shoulda brought it up during the season and not after when the Redsox are out of the playoffs, kinda makes him look like he's making excuses.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    John Lester reported that Redsox starting pitchers were drinking beer in the clubhouse during games and i'm not judging the players who were drinking but I am kinda surprised they would drink in a pennant race. Makes me wonder if Francona may have lost control of that team and maybe that led to his dismissal. Although I do think Lester shoulda kept quiet about that, if he's gonna say it he shoulda brought it up during the season and not after when the Redsox are out of the playoffs, kinda makes him look like he's making excuses.
    here is an article. Does not sound like he is making excusses to me.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...lation/?page=1

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
      here is an article. Does not sound like he is making excusses to me.
      http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...lation/?page=1
      Then why bring it up at all. Its pretty goofy to throw people under the bus now. I dont think the Redsox lost because of it but keep it to yourself like the rest of the team did. Whats Lester thinking, is he feeling sorry for himself or something.
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Then why bring it up at all. Its pretty goofy to throw people under the bus now. I dont think the Redsox lost because of it but keep it to yourself like the rest of the team did. Whats Lester thinking, is he feeling sorry for himself or something.
        The story about drinking in the clubhouse was already out there, Lester was responding to it. He wasn't naming any names that weren't already named. Sounds like he was trying to put it into perspective and refute accusations that the beer/fast food were excessive.
        Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Although I do think Lester shoulda kept quiet about that, if he's gonna say it he shoulda brought it up during the season and not after when the Redsox are out of the playoffs, kinda makes him look like he's making excuses.
          Lester didn't spill the beans. Didn't you see this article last week?
          http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...pse/?page=full

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
            Lester didn't spill the beans. Didn't you see this article last week?
            http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...pse/?page=full
            I didnt see anything about this, i saw it today on ESPN and MLB channel. Thats the first i've heard of it. It's probaly not as big a deal as the networks make it out to be so I guess I shoulda shutup about it too..

Comment

I didnt see anything about this, i saw it today on ESPN and MLB channel. Thats the first i've heard of it. It's probaly not as big a deal as the networks make it out to be so I guess I shoulda shutup about it too..
              Surprised you didn't hear about it earlier. To us (or at least to me) it seems like media (certainly in New England but national media as well) talk about nothing else! I personally think that Lester's response was decent although I found the bit about Francona somewhat blunt.
              Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

Oh and I don't want to be a dick (truly not my intention here), but it's Jon, not John ;-)
                Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

Originally posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
                  Surprised you didn't hear about it earlier. To us (or at least to me) it seems like media (certainly in New England but national media as well) talk about nothing else! I personally think that Lester's response was decent although I found the bit about Francona somewhat blunt.
                  I'm surprised too, i'm sure the story woulda hit Chicago. I must have missed it. The way the networks portrayed this on the headlines sounded alot worse than it really is. Yeah I was kinda hesitant to make a post on a Boston forum especially when I didnt have all the facts. I shoulda stuck to my guns and kept my mouth shut.
                  Although drinking beer in the middle of a game is kind of a strange thing to do nowdays, not that i'm against it but i'm kinda shocked players nowdays still do that.

Comment

This is one of those ESPN yapping dog stories. If they would just shut up no one would care. It just like they won't shut up about those two NFL coaches who had a mild run in after their game. No ones cares.
                    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                      This is one of those ESPN yapping dog stories. If they would just shut up no one would care. It just like they won't shut up about those two NFL coaches who had a mild run in after their game. No ones cares.
                      lol this guy is exactly right

BSPN creates so much drama

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                        It's not like anything else is going on in baseball right now.
                        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

The Boston media will be talking about this for YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
                            The Boston media will be talking about this for YEARS
                            at least 3 years...Lackey has years left on his deal lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                              at least 3 years...Lackey has years left on his deal lol
                              dont remind me

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X