Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theo says goodbye

http://muskat.mlblogs.com/2011/10/23...ed-sox-nation/

one of the greatest GM in sox history...was the GM of 2 World Series Champions. Thanks for everything theo and good luck!

Comment

Theo oversaw one of the greatest eras in Red Sox history, for sure.

I'm still amazed that many Red Sox fans took so quickly to the Yankees-fan mentality that any year we're not in the playoffs was a failure, as if the playoffs were a birthright. Those of us over 15 years old remember a time when any trip to the playoffs was a rare treat.

Theo's legacy may be that he and the ownership group created a system that gives the team a good chance to make the playoffs every year.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Theo not only brought two WS rings to Boston but brought a plethora of high quality baseball ops people in and thereby created one of the best run baseball organizations from the minors all the way to the big league club. As a Red Sox fan, I will forever be grateful for that. I'm sad that he leaves and wish him and his protege Jed Hoyer the best of luck in Chicago. It's a new beginning. In Ben we trust.
        Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X