Who will be the next Red Sox manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the next Red Sox manager?

So SwissRSfan won the bragging rights in the Papelbon contract sweepstakes. Let's move on to the next contest - predicting the next manager.
    Pete Mackanin
    0.00%
    Dale Sveum
    37.50%
    Sandy Alomar Jr.
    12.50%
    Torey Lovullo
    37.50%
    Gene Lamont
    0.00%
    Somebody else
    12.50%
    Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

I voted for Torey Lovullo. Sveum would also be a good candidate.

To me, Alomar doesn't have enough experience yet and Lamont is a bit old for the job.
    Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

I voted for Sveum because i think he will get the job. I would like Lovullo to be the manager because he sounds like he has passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
        I voted for Sveum because i think he will get the job. I would like Lovullo to be the manager because he sounds like he has passion.
        After 2011 Lovullo isn't the manager to fix the Red Sox issues.

Comment

so, why is that?

Comment

I think it will be Lovullo. Sveum will probably go to the Cubs.
            Last edited by runningshoes; 11-12-2011, 02:02 PM.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
              so, why is that?
              For one, according to reports he is very similar to Francona

Comment

I win! Dale Sveum is the next manager...of the Cubs that is.

According to Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago, Dale Sveum has accepted an offer to manage the Cubs.
                Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

haha, this is why i dont go to Vegas.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X