Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many games will the 2012 Red Sox win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many games will the 2012 Red Sox win?

So, the 2012 season is under way. After a tumultuous offseason, the Sox started out badly, going 1 and 5 in their first 6 games in no small part thanks to their bullpen. Back home they went on a tear, taking 3 of 4 from the Rays, outscoring them 31 to 12 in the process. But where will we be after 162 games?

Unlike so many others, I'm bullish on that team! 96 it is!
    less than 90 wins
    36.36%
    90 to 92 wins
    36.36%
    93 to 95 wins
    0.00%
    96 to 98 wins
    18.18%
    more than 98 wins
    9.09%
    Last edited by Therwil Flyer; 04-17-2012, 02:52 AM.
    Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

We have the toughest start of any team by playing DET (ALCS in 2011) TOR (Very much imporved and a sleeper pick for the 2nd wild card) TB (PO in 2011) TEX (One strike from WS glory) and then MFY. So unlike others who predicted we would play .800 ball out the gate i am very hopeful for this team and guessing 97 wins.

Comment

Earlier this year, I predicted the Sox would win 90 games. That was before all the Valentine/Youk drama and losing Jacoby for (a possible) 6 to 8 weeks. Now, I'm not so sure we get to 90. Of course I hope I'm wrong.
      "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

i predict 100-62

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
          i predict 100-62
          You are quite optimistic. Red Sox will have to play the rest of the season at a 105-win pace to get to 100 wins. Highly unlikely with their pitching staff struggling and injuries to key players.
          My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
          2. Barry Bonds
          3. Ty Cobb
          4. Ted Williams
          5. Willie Mays
          6. Alex Rodriguez
          7. Hank Aaron
          8. Honus Wagner
          9. Lou Gehrig
          10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
            You are quite optimistic. Red Sox will have to play the rest of the season at a 105-win pace to get to 100 wins. Highly unlikely with their pitching staff struggling and injuries to key players.

they have the talent and Adrian Gonzalez will go on a huge tear

Comment

80 - 85, tops. That's being optimistic too . . .
              Ken Fougère

Comment

At the All-Star break the over/under in Vegas for Red Sox wins was 84. I was about to bet big on them going over 84 and was texting someone all about it. I replied one too many times and then the bet went away. Once the first pitch of the second half of the season was thrown all bets were off. Yes, texting can be deadly while driving but it saved me a couple grand that day!

Comment

Can't believe how right my prediction was . . .

Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                  80 - 85, tops. That's being optimistic too . . .
                  Well, I was right, but I can't believe they have a chance to win less than 70!

Ridiculous, disgusting!
                  -
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                    Well, I was right, but I can't believe they have a chance to win less than 70!

Ridiculous, disgusting!
                    -
                    The Mets have more wins than the Red Sox.

The Mets.
                    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X