Let us hope...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let us hope...

We can only hope it is even THIS season....

tek.jpg
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

I don't expect Valentine back next year, but I can't see it being Tek, either.

1) He made $67 million in his career. Why not go enjoy that instead of dealing with the Boston media?

2) He's got zero management or coaching experience.

3) He just retired, and a lot of guys he played with will be on the 2013 team. Talk about setting a guy up for failure!
    Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Joe Cronin was a player/manager for us and didn't do too badly.

And over at the Garden, some guy named Russell was player/coach for the C's.

Down in The Bronx, Joey Pitbull played with a lot of the guys he now manages.

Assuming that Cherington gets some backbone and cans bobby V, barring them bringing Francona back (which I also wish for), 'Tek would be a great choice

Comment

Things are a lot different now than they were back in Cronin's time, or Russell's time for that matter.

There also is Varitek's lack of experience...he's never coached or managed at any level.

Not to mention the question of whether he'd even want the job.

Comment

i would like John Farrell to come back.

Comment

As long as its..................
            Attached Files

Comment

why won't you guys give Bobby V a second year??

not his fault Pedroia, Lester, Beckett and Gonzalez are massively underpreforming. in fact he has to put up with a lot with this job.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                why won't you guys give Bobby V a second year??

not his fault Pedroia, Lester, Beckett and Gonzalez are massively underpreforming. in fact he has to put up with a lot with this job.

He throws his players under a bus...won'[t talk to them directly. He wants to talk to a player...he calls a radio sta
                tion

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
                  Now THIS suggestion, I like.

I really think the Sox whiffed when they let Sveum go and hired Valentine, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
                    Now THIS suggestion, I like.

I really think the Sox whiffed when they let Sveum go and hired Valentine, as well.
                    You can thank Lucchino for that. That showed me that Cherington was a GM in name only. We had Sveum all locked up until Lucchine started his lovefest with Valentine.

Comment

Originally posted by SDL View Post
                      You can thank Lucchino for that. That showed me that Cherington was a GM in name only. We had Sveum all locked up until Lucchine started his lovefest with Valentine.
                      This.
                      Anytime Lucchino goes beyond being the hatchet man and gets involved in decision making, it's bad news for the Bosox.
                      "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
                        This.
                        Anytime Lucchino goes beyond being the hatchet man and gets involved in decision making, it's bad news for the Bosox.
                        Yeah, I don't know what Lucchino's actual job is, but he seems to enjoy overstepping it and screwing things up on the baseball ops side.

The whole Theo-in-a-monkey-suit thing was Lucchino thinking the was a baseball ops guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
                          Yeah, I don't know what Lucchino's actual job is, but he seems to enjoy overstepping it and screwing things up on the baseball ops side.

The whole Theo-in-a-monkey-suit thing was Lucchino thinking the was a baseball ops guy.
                          Can't they just put Lucchino in charge of the stupid soccer team and get him away from the Bosox?!?!!??
                          Every time I watch the "Shipping Up To Boston" video, I expect to see Lucchino in the group of Southie thugs getting arrested.
                          "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
                            I posted this in the season thread before I saw you posted it in here. I'm with you, Boxer!
                            Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

I don't know about you but I like Bobby V. He was good for my team.

Serious suggestion: I would like to suggest Chip Hale, currently bench coach for Oakland and former 3B coach for the Mets. I liked Hale when he was a coach and he was a candidate for Mets manager but Terry Collins got picked instead.

Another option I recommend could be current Mets bench coach Bob Geren and Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen.
                              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X