X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
    I don't know about you but I like Bobby V. He was good for my team.

Serious suggestion: I would like to suggest Chip Hale, currently bench coach for Oakland and former 3B coach for the Mets. I liked Hale when he was a coach and he was a candidate for Mets manager but Terry Collins got picked instead.

Another option I recommend could be current Mets bench coach Bob Geren and Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen.
    I would've liked Hale....DeMarlo Hale...

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    I don't know about you but I like Bobby V. He was good for my team.

Serious suggestion: I would like to suggest Chip Hale, currently bench coach for Oakland and former 3B coach for the Mets. I liked Hale when he was a coach and he was a candidate for Mets manager but Terry Collins got picked instead.

Another option I recommend could be current Mets bench coach Bob Geren and Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen.

Leave a comment:

• Therwil Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
    i would like John Farrell to come back.
    I posted this in the season thread before I saw you posted it in here. I'm with you, Boxer!

Leave a comment:

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what Lucchino's actual job is, but he seems to enjoy overstepping it and screwing things up on the baseball ops side.

The whole Theo-in-a-monkey-suit thing was Lucchino thinking the was a baseball ops guy.
    Can't they just put Lucchino in charge of the stupid soccer team and get him away from the Bosox?!?!!??
    Every time I watch the "Shipping Up To Boston" video, I expect to see Lucchino in the group of Southie thugs getting arrested.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
    This.
    Anytime Lucchino goes beyond being the hatchet man and gets involved in decision making, it's bad news for the Bosox.
    Yeah, I don't know what Lucchino's actual job is, but he seems to enjoy overstepping it and screwing things up on the baseball ops side.

The whole Theo-in-a-monkey-suit thing was Lucchino thinking the was a baseball ops guy.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    Originally posted by SDL View Post
    You can thank Lucchino for that. That showed me that Cherington was a GM in name only. We had Sveum all locked up until Lucchine started his lovefest with Valentine.
    This.
    Anytime Lucchino goes beyond being the hatchet man and gets involved in decision making, it's bad news for the Bosox.

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
    Now THIS suggestion, I like.

I really think the Sox whiffed when they let Sveum go and hired Valentine, as well.
    You can thank Lucchino for that. That showed me that Cherington was a GM in name only. We had Sveum all locked up until Lucchine started his lovefest with Valentine.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
    Now THIS suggestion, I like.

I really think the Sox whiffed when they let Sveum go and hired Valentine, as well.

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackout View Post
    why won't you guys give Bobby V a second year??

not his fault Pedroia, Lester, Beckett and Gonzalez are massively underpreforming. in fact he has to put up with a lot with this job.

He throws his players under a bus...won'[t talk to them directly. He wants to talk to a player...he calls a radio sta
    tion

Leave a comment:

• Blackout
    replied
    why won't you guys give Bobby V a second year??

not his fault Pedroia, Lester, Beckett and Gonzalez are massively underpreforming. in fact he has to put up with a lot with this job.

Leave a comment:

• PlanetZoltan
    replied
    As long as its..................
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Boston Boxer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    Things are a lot different now than they were back in Cronin's time, or Russell's time for that matter.

There also is Varitek's lack of experience...he's never coached or managed at any level.

Not to mention the question of whether he'd even want the job.

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    Joe Cronin was a player/manager for us and didn't do too badly.

And over at the Garden, some guy named Russell was player/coach for the C's.

Down in The Bronx, Joey Pitbull played with a lot of the guys he now manages.

Assuming that Cherington gets some backbone and cans bobby V, barring them bringing Francona back (which I also wish for), 'Tek would be a great choice

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    I don't expect Valentine back next year, but I can't see it being Tek, either.

1) He made $67 million in his career. Why not go enjoy that instead of dealing with the Boston media?

2) He's got zero management or coaching experience.

3) He just retired, and a lot of guys he played with will be on the 2013 team. Talk about setting a guy up for failure!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X