Boston Red Sox offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
    He VOLUNTARILY signs with them, he becomes The Enemy as far as I am concerned.
    I wonder how the fans will greet Youk when he shows up to Fenway Park.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

Shows up in a Yankee uniform he will be booed if he signs with them. I'd lead the boos myself. Get traded involuntarily, not his fault but he CHOOSES to go there...he moves to my Crap List.
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
        "Kouy!" Kouy!"

That sounds like"Cuckoo" when you say Youk backwards twice.
        "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
        "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
          He VOLUNTARILY signs with them, he becomes The Enemy as far as I am concerned.
          Whatever Youkilis does, he will allways be obe of my favorite players. We shipped him out of town and he can decide by his own what to do now. I think rejoining Francona would be cool for him.
          I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

• We didn't ship him out. He who shall not be mentioned anymore did. And he should hang for it. I would be very happy for him if he rejoined Tito and has a huge year for him. Can't imagine him in pinstripes. Couldn't imagine booing him.
            Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

• The Red Sox "would be expected to jump in" on Kyle Lohse if he was willing to accept a three-year contract, writes ESPN Boston's Gordon Edes. We heard during the Winter Meetings that the Red Sox and Angels were both interested in Lohse.
              Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...IiTUwdRbL0s.99
              source: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-salaries.html

wait what now?! The RS are interested in signing a 33 year old league average starter who will cost them a draft pick? I assume that is nothing but a rumor. I surely hope it's nothing but a rumor.
              Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

• Originally posted by Therwil Flyer View Post
                source: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-salaries.html

wait what now?! The RS are interested in signing a 33 year old league average starter who will cost them a draft pick? I assume that is nothing but a rumor. I surely hope it's nothing but a rumor.
                over the last 2 years he was not league average but one of the best pitchers of the league (3.11 ERA, 122 ERA+). but still I'm a little skeptical if he is for real. not sure if his BABIP is sustainable especially in fenway.
                I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by dominik View Post
                  over the last 2 years he was not league average but one of the best pitchers of the league (3.11 ERA, 122 ERA+). but still I'm a little skeptical if he is for real. not sure if his BABIP is sustainable especially in fenway.
                  Over the last two years Lohse also had a SIERA of about 4.2 with a admittedly respectable FIP of about 3.6 to go along with 5.7 k/9 rate (and a really good HR/FB rate). All in all maybe a bit above league average, but i'd rather sign Jackson to a 2/25 contract in than Lohse to a 3/33 contract. I really think that Napoli was a decent signing at market value and that Gomes, while an overpay, was a good signing, I believe Victorino is a bad contract and signing Lohse would fall into the same category (Uehara was a brillinat signing in my mind. I wanted them to get Uehara two years ago. I think he is a stud reliever).
                  Last edited by Therwil Flyer; 12-08-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Over the last two years Lohse also had a SIERA of about 4.2 with a admittedly respectable FIP of about 3.6 to go along with 5.7 k/9 rate (and a really good HR/FB rate). All in all maybe a bit above league average, but i'd rather sign Jackson to a 2/25 contract in than Lohse to a 3/33 contract. I really think that Napoli was a decent signing at market value and that Gomes, while an overpay, was a good signing, I believe Victorino is a bad contract and signing Lohse would fall into the same category (Uehara was a brillinat signing in my mind. I wanted them to get Uehara two years ago. I think he is a stud reliever).
                    Overpaying a bit for guys like Edwin Jackson and Kyle Lohse is alright with me if the contract is only for a couple years at most, in my opinion. Neither has had a season that really jumps out at a guy except for maybe Lohse's 2012, but both are quality 3-4 guys in a rotation, both can eat up innings and can probably get you a sub-4.00 ERA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
                      Overpaying a bit for guys like Edwin Jackson and Kyle Lohse is alright with me if the contract is only for a couple years at most, in my opinion. Neither has had a season that really jumps out at a guy except for maybe Lohse's 2012, but both are quality 3-4 guys in a rotation, both can eat up innings and can probably get you a sub-4.00 ERA.
                      I agree, but Lohse will likely be quite a bit more expensive (would be another case of buying high) and cost them a draft pick. It's almost weird how there are no rumors about Edwin Jackson at all. But with Greinke now off the market I think we will see the FA pitching market develop. And there is still the possibility of trading for a starter.

The main problem with Jackson etc is that the Red Sox really don't need a quality 3 to 4 starter as much as they need a no. 1 starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
                        I agree, but Lohse will likely be quite a bit more expensive (would be another case of buying high) and cost them a draft pick. It's almost weird how there are no rumors about Edwin Jackson at all. But with Greinke now off the market I think we will see the FA pitching market develop. And there is still the possibility of trading for a starter.

The main problem with Jackson etc is that the Red Sox really don't need a quality 3 to 4 starter as much as they need a no. 1 starter.

Comment

Want no part of Kyle Lohse. He and his peripherals are no fit for the al east. Enough said.

Comment

• so....is the front office going to sign/trade for some pitching anytime soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
                              so....is the front office going to sign/trade for some pitching anytime soon?
                              I dont see a trade partner right now. Maybe the Dodgers give us Ted Lilly? Or we sign Shaun Marcum. I have no idea if he is healthy. I still would welcome a trade of Ellsbury for a player like Bauer. Dont ask me how. Maybe we can give them a SS. Otherwise ita Aceves and Morales battling for the no. 5 spot...

Comment

• Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan View Post
                                I dont see a trade partner right now. Maybe the Dodgers give us Ted Lilly? Or we sign Shaun Marcum. I have no idea if he is healthy. I still would welcome a trade of Ellsbury for a player like Bauer. Dont ask me how. Maybe we can give them a SS. Otherwise ita Aceves and Morales battling for the no. 5 spot...
                                that sucks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X