X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan View Post
    Yeah righttttt...One season over .800 OPS and that six years ago. Crawford had five of those. I want no part of Upton. Low average, low OBP and many strikeouts. Our system is loaded with OF's. Dont need him.
    Yeah right? I went to the game last night and i honestly teared up when BJ was taken out of the game for a PR by maddon and i watched videos of BJ and he was teary eyed as well. Crawford on the other hadn could care less and thus he went to the sox to kind of shaft us.

Leave a comment:

• SwissRedSoxFan
    replied
    Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Don't take Davey from us We are already losing BJ and losing BJ hurts more so then when we lost Crawford.
    Yeah righttttt...One season over .800 OPS and that six years ago. Crawford had five of those. I want no part of Upton. Low average, low OBP and many strikeouts. Our system is loaded with OF's. Dont need him.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Originally posted by SDL View Post
    You got it!

Hate to say this to you but Dave Martinez' name has come up already.
    Don't take Davey from us We are already losing BJ and losing BJ hurts more so then when we lost Crawford.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Barrie
    replied
    I guess the Red Sox had to get rid of Valentine, but I think the press was rougher on him than was necessary. As an example, a major writer in the Boston Globe admitted today that Valentine's assessment of Youkilis was correct. The behavior of a good deal of the team reminded me of the "Crybaby" Indians of 1940.

The writers' attitude toward a Boston manager echoed the 1942 suggestion by one of them that the MVP award for the Braves be given to the cabbie who ran over Casey Stengel in Kenmore Square, breaking his leg severely.

I think the players lacked in attitude as they did in September, 2011, when someone else managed them. It turns out that those who were sent to the Dodgers didn't exactly distinguish themselves, by the way.

I also feel that ownership and the front office are more responsible than Valentine for the Red Sox disastrous seasons of late, and I am not even a Red Sox fan!

Leave a comment:

• SwissRedSoxFan
    replied
    Red Sox 2013:

1. Lester
    2. Buchholz
    3. Dubrount
    4. Lackey
    5. De La Rosa

C Salty/Lavarnway
    1B Youuuuuk (2/16) and yes he would come back under new management.
    2B Perdoia
    3B Middlebrooks
    SS Aviles/Ciriaco (Iglesias isnt ready until he can hit at least .230 in the MLB. He can't right now).
    RF Ross (2/18)
    CF Ellsbury (Bradley jr.)
    LF Brentz/Kalish
    DH Ortiz (1/10 or arb)

Bullpen needs no upgrade!

Manager: Anyone but Valentine. Farrell, Magadan, Maddux etc.

Interesting FA's:

Peavy (for 1-2 years, yes), Santana, Greinke, Haren (had a down year, could be had at 1 or two years), Hamilton (too costly, risky), Napoli (could be an option at 1B), BJ Upton (no thanks), Victorino (no thanks), Torii Hunter (yes! 1/12), Gavin Floyd, Jackson, Kuroda, Marcum (yeah, AL east proven).
    Last edited by SwissRedSoxFan; 10-04-2012, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    That good of a feeling huh? lol
    You got it!

Hate to say this to you but Dave Martinez' name has come up already.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Oh...we are!

Kind of like when Naimoli slithered away down here....
    That good of a feeling huh? lol

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    Lol I bet you lot are happy

Oh...we are!

Kind of like when Naimoli slithered away down here....

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    I won the pool on the other site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 1 pm...Press release was posted at 12:56!
    Lol I bet you lot are happy

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    I won the pool on the other site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 1 pm...Press release was posted at 12:56!

Leave a comment:

• SwissRedSoxFan
    replied
    Originally posted by 9&10 View Post
    I can't wait to see who here at BBF will blame for next year's woes. I'll eat crow if they manage to turn things around, but it won't be because of a single person.
    I'm not saying he was the lone reason. SP struggles and injuries were too. But I really hate Valentine. Do not like him and his clownesque behavior. Thats it.

Leave a comment:

• 9&10
    replied
    Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan View Post
    He is gone!!! He is gone!!!
    I can't wait to see who here at BBF will blame for next year's woes. I'll eat crow if they manage to turn things around, but it won't be because of a single person.

Leave a comment:

• SwissRedSoxFan
    replied
    He is gone!!! He is gone!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    I think 2013 is going to be a bit of a bridge year...although if they're smart, unlike the last time, this can be a bridge that doesn't end at a cliff they fly off. The Sox can build long term and still compete for the playoffs now thanks to the 2nd wildcard.

The team has some talent, for sure...Pedroia, Lester, Buchhholz, Middlebrooks, Ellsbury, a good chunk of the pen, etc.

There are plenty of holes, too, though. I don't think the solution is to go out and dole out big FA contracts, although I expect the Sox to be in on a LOT of short-term deals to temporarily fill holes (especially I see SP's, maybe a 1B or OF).

The system has a lot of talent...which shouldn't be traded for short-term solutions. While it grows, you need to patch up the holes in the roster around the base. It makes 2013 an imperfect year, but at least it'll be a year that isn't wasted, like 2012, and like I said, they can still compete.

I don't trade Ellsbury unless I get an full-price offer. He's worth a pick if they hold onto him, and a good year may make him worth a lot in July. So, unless someone comes along with a bevy of young pitchers (and no, 27 year old prospects need not apply), then he shouldn't be moved, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• SwissRedSoxFan
    started a topic Boston Red Sox offseason thread

Boston Red Sox offseason thread

We all saw the red flags with the hiring of Valentine. Now we are all confirmed. Still the starting pitching was horrible as was the health of some key players. Worst season since I am Red Sox supporter.

Now what should the Red Sox do?

A few subjects:

-Trading Ellsbury (his value is low right now), get SP help in bunches, 1B, OF, SS, C, manager, coaching staff...

Can someone make that thread sticky?
    Last edited by SwissRedSoxFan; 10-05-2012, 04:49 AM.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X