Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Runningshoes presents Vintage Red Sox Photographs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runningshoes presents Vintage Red Sox Photographs.

I'm going to try to post only good quality, rarely seen photographs in this thread with a little biographical information about the lesser known players.

You probably won't see anything post 1970 in here unless it's a really good photo and I won't be posting more than one or two per day.

Feel free to do the same.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Jackie Jensen 1955

The Sox wore an armband that year to honor teammate Harry Agganis who died June 28.

Last edited by runningshoes; 06-09-2006, 07:41 PM.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Earl Webb. Right Fielder that played from 1925 to 1933 (7 seasons) for the Red Sox, Giants, Cubs, Tigers and White Sox. Set the all time single season doubles record at 67 in 1931 while in a Red Sox uniform which still holds today. Batted .323/.385/.523 and .333/.404/.528 in his 2 full seasons with the Red Sox (also played part of 1932 with the Red Sox)
      Attached Files
      go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Ted and Carl 1960

Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Great stuff! Keep 'em coming!

I love that pic of Yaz and Williams.
          1903 - 1912 - 1915 - 1916 - 1918 - 2004 - 2007 - 2013

Comment

Bobby Doerr taking batting practice at Comiskey Park in the late 40's.
            Attached Files
            go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Smokey Joe Wood. A great pitcher for the Boston Red Sox. Is 4th all time in era at 2.03. In 1912 he had a 34-5 record. But he got hurt in 1913 but still played through the pain for 2 more good seasons. After he played as an outfielder for the Indians 1917-1919. He later coached at Yale.
              Attached Files
              go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Great stuff, as usual Troy!

Comment

awesome pictures..thanx
                  twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

Comment

Jim Lonborg and Yaz 1967

I actually have this one autographed by Lonborg.

Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

That shot of Yaz and Williams is my new desktop wallpaper. Great pic! Thanks.
                      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Jim Rice and Hank Aaron 1976

Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSon
                          That shot of Yaz and Williams is my new desktop wallpaper. Great pic! Thanks.
                          You're welcome.

I have the same one on mine.
                          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

What a smile YAZ has!
                            A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Yaz in Tokyo 1973.

Yaz hit the very first home run I ever saw at a game in 1978. It was also my first game. Jim Rice went deep as well.

Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X