Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Training 2016

Here we go...

And it starts with the annual Pablo Sandoval is a big fat tub of goo: http://thecomeback.com/blog/mlb/pabl...ld-lose-weight

He's been told a ton by both Giants and Sox brass to lose weight, so one wonders why he's denying it. He can be a great player when he's in shape. Too bad that seems unlikely to happen anytime soon
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

absolutely disappointed he came in looking like he did. Even more disappointed that we are now stuck with his fat ass and fatter contract. What a disgrace.

Comment

As frustrating as it is that any athlete can completely throw the middle finger to any recognizable effort to put maximum effort into being the best they can be, it's not as though he's let himself go since coming to the Red Sox. He's never consistently put the effort into maintaining his physical conditioning. I'm of the belief that even it Pablo was in absolute peak condition the contract really wouldn't be a "good contract". He is what he is as a ballplayer. An average ballplayer who had a run in the playoffs that he turned into a contract that will continue to become more and more of an albatross on the neck of the franchise. It's crazy how many really absurd contracts the Sox currently have on the payroll.

Comment

Did anybody really think the Panda and Hanley signings were going to work out?
          That was such a bizarre offseason...pick up the fat guy and guy who doesn't give a damn.
          "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

The "saving grace" here is that both of those guys were basically embarrassed last season and if nothing else, pro athletes do not like to find themselves in that position so we may see max effort out there from them. I would take one of them having a very good year. We have several players behind each of them who are hungry to get a break and play and that in itself makes it a better situation. They got a hall pass in Fenway last year.....if they dont perform, Red Sox fans have a way of making players uncomfortable.

Comment

Dombrowski needs to figure out what to do with Panda and HanRam, and he needs to figure it out quick. They are terrible in the field and will cost us many games this year. Terrible signings and DD is charged with fixing this mess before it gets out of hand. Cherrington should be sued for negligence

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
                Dombrowski needs to figure out what to do with Panda and HanRam, and he needs to figure it out quick. They are terrible in the field and will cost us many games this year. Terrible signings and DD is charged with fixing this mess before it gets out of hand. Cherrington should be sued for negligence
                How about we let Whitey Bulger out of prison if he promises to take care of these guys quietly?

I think this all justifies the time I was waiting in line with a friend to talk to John Valentin at a baseball dinner and we noticed a guy was sitting at a table looking lonely. We asked who he was and he said he was a nobody, just an assistant to the GM named Ben Cherington. We all chatted for a bit about some prospects at the time and then Ben asked if we wanted autographs...we both politely declined.
                ;^)
                I don't really collect those, anyway, I think the only ones I have from baseball are Harmon Killebrew (eBay photo) and El Tiante (in person). My Phil Plantier bat might be signed, not sure without looking at it...
                "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

i find it funny that the Sox refuse to just call Panda a fat turd. he hurt his back and they are sending him for an MRI...haha, the guy hurt his back because he is fat and not fit to play baseball. The Sox need to quit covering for him and start calling it what it is...a big fat mistake

Comment

I think they may be calling him something pretty close to that by naming Travis Shaw the starter at 3B.......without the descripitive adjectives of course.

Comment

so...does anyone know of other red sox forums that are any good (other than SoSH)? I think this baseball fever Sox board has been losing folks and looks like we are down to about 2 or 3 people who post semi regularly. thanks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X