Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great color commentary, Chisox73!

Originally posted by Chisox73
    Omg!!!!! Unbelieveable Catch By Uribe!!!!
    Congrats! What if the fan had caught this ball?!
    No, I'm never going to get over the Dodgers leaving New York!

Comment

• We'll never know.

Didn't that catch remind you of Pete Rose and Bob Boone in Game 6 of the 1980 World Series?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chisox73
        We'll never know.

Didn't that catch remind you of Pete Rose and Bob Boone in Game 6 of the 1980 World Series?
        Thank goodness for polite Southern fans! Opposing Northern fans would have been all over that ball.

Uribe's last throw deserves big-time recognition as well.

Thrilling series. Savor.
        No, I'm never going to get over the Dodgers leaving New York!

Comment

• Originally posted by NeverGetOverIt
          Thank goodness for polite Southern fans! Opposing Northern fans would have been all over that ball.

Uribe's last throw deserves big-time recognition as well.

Thrilling series. Savor.
          Has this really happened? Am I dreaming/FANTASIZING? WORLD CHAMPIONS????? OH MY GOD. Ozzie, we ain't in mediocrity, anymore.
          Johnson and now Goligoski gone.
          I hope that's all.

Comment

• My congrats to the ChiSox & all their fans. As a lifetime Red Sox fan, I know what you WERE going through before & what you are going through NOW!!!! Again, Congrats!!

Comment

• I'm happy that the Sox won it all, not just because I'm a fan but because I know this will light a fire under the Cub organization to be more active in pursuing the better players on the market. If the Sox can put it together again, they can own the city again like they did in the early 90's

Comment

• Here are some interesting notes from the World Series;

The White Sox were 11-1 in the post-season.That ties the 1999 New York Yankees for best post-season record ever since the 3 division format came into effect in 1995.

Only the 1976 Cincinnati Reds went undefeated in the post-season(7-0).

The Sox also become the 1st Central Division team in either league to win the World Series.

The Sox are only the 3rd team ever to go wire-to-wire in the regular season,and sweep the World Series.They join the 1927 Yankees and 1990 Cincinnati Reds as the only teams to pull off this feat.

They outscord the Astros by a grand total of 6 runs in the 4 game sweep.That ties them for the smallest margin in a World Series sweep with the 1950 Yankees,who outscored the Philadelphia Phillies by 6 runs total in thier World Series sweep.

Combining both thr regular season and the post-season,the White Sox won 16 of the last 17 games.Only the 1970 Baltimore Orioles had a similar run at the end,winning 18 of thier last 19 games including post-season.

Comment

• I was watching Oprah ( ugh normally dont, but I didnt feel like getting up from the computer to change the channel) And this white sox fan gave his WS tickets for sale to give the proceeds to Katrina victims.
                  Very awesome. I wonder if he had tickets for other days or those were his sole tickets and gave up going for the cause. Either way very unselfish and admireable
                  "Yes, he offended everyone in the Bay Area."
                  --Giants manager Felipe Alou, when reminded that A.J. Pierzynski is a more offensive catcher than the defensive-minded Mike Matheny (Sacramento Bee)
                  :gt

Comment

• Do you guys ever go thru this thread anymore to relive that great season? No matter what happens to me now I have no problem with it because I will go to my grave having seen my Sox win a world series.
                    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

• haha yea ive gone thorugh this thread a few times
                      "To leave somewhere where you are so happy being is a very tough situation. Ultimately, baseball becomes a business, and this just serves as a friendly reminder."
                      - Aaron Rowand

I collect TTM and IP autographs, mainly white sox, but some of other teams too.

Good Traders: SouthSidechamps05, kearns643, dmbfan, Mike D. MadHatter, chucksk8er

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X