Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do Sox fans think of the possibility of getting Tejada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Sox fans think of the possibility of getting Tejada?

What's goin on Sox fans. There's been some talks that the Sox could be involved in a trade for Tejada. Garland of course would be the guy getting traded, among other players I imagine.

Would you like this deal? If we don't get Tejada, I'd like him to be a White Sox. What a lineup you'd have!

I have not seen this topic on this board so I wanted to see some opinions from Sox fans.

Obviously,getting Tejada would be a tall order.

I think the O's would want at least Brandon McCarthy in return,which i doubt will happen.

I also read on another board that this could be a 3-way deal that would bring O's P Erik Bedard to the South Side.That would be nice.

But honestly,as much as I would like to see it happen,I don't see Tejada coming to 35th and Shields.But hey,K-Dubb has pulled a rabbit out of his hat before.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisox73

I think the O's would want at least Brandon McCarthy in return,which i doubt will happen.
      Now when you say that, do you mean that the Sox won't give up McCarthy for Tejada?

I don't see why the Sox, who now have 6 starters, would not want to bring in a player like Tejada for McCarthy. That lineup would be deadly, and if your pitching is as good as it was I don't see why the Sox can't break the all time win record and win another WS.

If you honestly believe that it takes McCarthy to make this deal happen, I say KW should go for it. McCarthy/Uribe for Tejada...wow

Comment

I think that Tejada is better overall than Uribe but at the same time I think that Uribe is a steal for the money. I thought that he was awesome last year on defense. Some of the plays he made especially in the WS were spectacular including the two he made in the 9th inning in Game 4. What I worry about with Tejada is that maybe the steroid rumors are true and that once he comes to the Sox he will either a) get caught and be suspended or else b) hit 10 less homers and 20 less RBIs. I don't think it's worth the extra money and risk to get him because we already have a good, albeit not great SS.

We will let the Cubbies take him instead.
        "Batting slumps? I never had one. When a guy hits .358, he doesn't have slumps."

Rogers Hornsby, 1961

Comment

Originally posted by NorthsidePride
          Now when you say that, do you mean that the Sox won't give up McCarthy for Tejada?

I don't see why the Sox, who now have 6 starters, would not want to bring in a player like Tejada for McCarthy. That lineup would be deadly, and if your pitching is as good as it was I don't see why the Sox can't break the all time win record and win another WS.

If you honestly believe that it takes McCarthy to make this deal happen, I say KW should go for it. McCarthy/Uribe for Tejada...wow
          You just answered your own question there. .Also throw in a prospect,and it's a done deal.

Comment

Don't be too greedy now, White Sox fans. They've already made several smart moves that have strengthened them and they haven't lost anything important in the offseason. Talking about getting Tejada means talking about losing the elements that made the White Sox so dominant last year (and currently scare the hell out of me): Pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by king_ghidora
              Don't be too greedy now, White Sox fans.
              We're not the Yankees now. This whole winnig thing is still quite new to us.So forgive us for our greediness.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X