Getting There Will Be Half the Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting There Will Be Half the Fun

For those White Sox fans living in the South Suburbs and NW Indiana,getting to the ballpark will be a mounumental task this season.

Beginning in March,the Dan Ryan Expressway(I 90/94) will finally undergo its long awaited massive rebuilding project.

This year,the inside express lanes will be closed from 31st street on the north,just 4 blocks from US Cellular Field,to 74th Street.There will be a total of 3 lanes going in each direction on one of the nation's busiest roadways.

If you're coming from Indiana via the Chicago Skyway(I-90),travel won't exactly be a picnic either,as the Skyway continues it's perpetual reconstruction.

The above link will give you the best alternate routes into the area.

The long awaited project will officially begin April 1st.

As a public service to those who intend on driving to the ballpark,I will in the coming weeks leading up to the Dan Ryan dectruction project,travel some of the recommended alternate routes and let you know how to go about it.

But keep in mind,my routes will come from Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisox73
      The long awaited project will officially begin April 1st.

As a public service to those who intend on driving to the ballpark,I will in the coming weeks leading up to the Dan Ryan dectruction project,travel some of the recommended alternate routes and let you know how to go about it.

But keep in mind,my routes will come from Indiana.
      You know, the cynic in me is beginning to think this is a grand Cubs conspiracy.
      Johnson and now Goligoski gone.
      I hope that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisox
        You know, the cynic in me is beginning to think this is a grand Cubs conspiracy.
        At least we have some semblance of an expressway going by the park.

Comment

It looks like on the Ryan coming in from downtown,the lane closures will behgin at 13th street,just south of the I-290 interchange,or roughly 3 miles from US Cellular Field.

So,if coming from downton,get off east on the Ike,Chicago Loop exit and go 1/4 mile east to Canal St.then take Canal all the way south.It'll take you straight to the ballpark.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X