X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983whitesox
    replied
    Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
    True, but does that mean we discount Schalk just because no one can remember the 1917 title?

Not at all.
    But he was a Cubs coach for two years. Booooooo!!

Sent from my iPhone
    Go White Sox

Leave a comment:

• The Commissioner
    replied
    Originally posted by 1983whitesox View Post
    A.J. Does have a W.S. with the Sox. Something almost no Sox fan can remember from 1917.
    True, but does that mean we discount Schalk just because no one can remember the 1917 title?

Leave a comment:

• 1983whitesox
    replied
    A.J. & Fisk could share 1st place. In the end. Probably A.J. When he retires and hopefully can finish his career in Chicago. A.J. Does have a W.S. with the Sox. Something almost no Sox fan can remember from 1917.

Sent from my iPhone
    Go White Sox

Leave a comment:

• BaronSamedi
    replied
    Fisk. A pox on thee for even thinking this would be even a remote debate!

Leave a comment:

• The Commissioner
    replied
    Originally posted by dominik View Post
    really? he is a solid hitter for a catcher (not very good though), but defense ratings don't have him very good. I would say he is a little above average, but certainly no man that should be named in the same sentence as fisk.

fisk should be clearly the no.1.
    I said he was climbing. I wasn't the one suggesting that he was in any way ahead of Fisk or several others mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• dominik
    replied
    Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
    He's definitely climbing up there on their all-time list of catchers, but he has quite a while to go still before he can be compared to Fisk, Schalk, or even Lollar for that matter.
    really? he is a solid hitter for a catcher (not very good though), but defense ratings don't have him very good. I would say he is a little above average, but certainly no man that should be named in the same sentence as fisk.

fisk should be clearly the no.1.

Leave a comment:

• The Commissioner
    replied
    Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    i would almost put piersynski number one here now. although that is a tough call.
    He's definitely climbing up there on their all-time list of catchers, but he has quite a while to go still before he can be compared to Fisk, Schalk, or even Lollar for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    i would almost put piersynski number one here now. although that is a tough call.

Leave a comment:

• ChiSox12345
    replied
    Carlton Fisk

Leave a comment:

• Chisox
    replied
    Originally posted by Good Men wear Black and White
    yeah, thats why i ment a few more years because he hasnt played for the team long enough
    I just wanted to clarify. It sounded like you were saying he's done all those things with the Sox. If he can play like in Minnesota for a few more years when he compiled those numbers, I'll say he should be included. Now, if he can combine those 20 HR with that .300 BA consistently for a few more years, I'll say he'd be 4th, behind Fisk, Lollar, and Schalk.

Leave a comment:

• Good Men wear Black and White
    replied
    Originally posted by Chisox
    Tresh played in 989 games for the White Sox over 11 seasons, A.J. in 128 over one season.
    A.J. batted .257 this past season.
    yeah, thats why i ment a few more years because he hasnt played for the team long enough

Leave a comment:

• Chisox
    replied
    I disagree, Mike Tresh only coaugt more than 100 games 4 times, A.J. has already don that and has hit over .300, a feat Mike never completed, also mike has 2 career home runs while A.J. has 55, aj has a feiding pecentage of .995 while mike has a ,983, A.J. is much better than Mike tresh
    Tresh played in 989 games for the White Sox over 11 seasons, A.J. in 128 over one season.
    A.J. batted .257 this past season.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by SouthSideChamps05
    I don't think so. Although AJ is one of my favlorite players I don't think so. Theres definetly much better hitting catchers than him. However, he's the best in the leagues at calling the game, and he's a very smart player.
    I disagree, Mike Tresh only coaugt more than 100 games 4 times, A.J. has already don that and has hit over .300, a feat Mike never completed, also mike has 2 career home runs while A.J. has 55, aj has a feiding pecentage of .995 while mike has a ,983, A.J. is much better than Mike tresh

Leave a comment:

• SouthSideChamps05
    replied
    A.J. should be on that list if he stays with the team a few more years
    I don't think so. Although AJ is one of my favlorite players I don't think so. Theres definetly much better hitting catchers than him. However, he's the best in the leagues at calling the game, and he's a very smart player.

Leave a comment:

replied
    A.J. should be on that list if he stays with the team a few more years

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X