A's Get Thomas to Upgrade Their Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A's Get Thomas to Upgrade Their Offense

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - Frank Thomas called Oakland general manager Billy Beane to reiterate how thrilled he would be to join the Athletics.

The two clicked at last month's winter meetings, and it led to a contract for the free agent slugger.

Thomas agreed to a $500,000, one-year deal with Oakland on Wednesday, giving the A's the big right-handed bat they've been searching for in the middle of their lineup. He will be formally introduced Thursday.

http://sports.myway.com/news/01252006/v6090.html
    BELIEVE

I'll miss his bat in the lineup. Our only regret now is that he won't hit his 500th home run as a member of the White Sox,if he gets that chance.

This will be a steal for the A's if Thomas is healthy and regains his form.

All I ask of Frank is that they don't hurt us too bad when we play Oakland. The Sox have been known to have issues with the green and gold in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisox73
      I'll miss his bat in the lineup. Our only regret now is that he won't hit his 500th home run as a member of the White Sox,if he gets that chance.

This will be a steal for the A's if Thomas is healthy and regains his form.

All I ask of Frank is that they don't hurt us too bad when we play Oakland. The Sox have been known to have issues with the green and gold in recent years.
      I defenitely agree that we'll miss his bat greatly, but hopefully Thome can step up to the huge task of replacing a guy like Frank.
      I really hope Frank can stay healthy, get to 500 homers, hopefully secure his spot in the HOF, and have a great end to his career during his time in Oakland, (except of course when they play the Sox!
      Once a Sox, always a Sox
      Here's to The Big Hurt, the best White Sox there ever was

Comment

Originally posted by GoSox!
        I defenitely agree that we'll miss his bat greatly, but hopefully Thome can step up to the huge task of replacing a guy like Frank.
        I really hope Frank can stay healthy, get to 500 homers, hopefully secure his spot in the HOF, and have a great end to his career during his time in Oakland, (except of course when they play the Sox!
        Talk about bittersweet. I'll miss you Big Frank, you were always my favorite.h
        Johnson and now Goligoski gone.
        I hope that's all.

Comment

He's be pretty damn close to 500 now if not for the 2001 season.

He needs 52.

I think he'll do it if he can hang around for a couple more years.
          "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X