Trip to the White House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to the White House

The White Sox expect to be honored with a special visit to the White House within the next few weeks.

Representatives from the World Series champions had hoped to arrange a visit for next Monday—immediately after this weekend's sold-out SoxFest celebration at the downtown Hyatt Regency. But Monday "just didn't work for the president," a White House official said.

So the meeting with President Bush is now likely pushed back to sometime during the first two weeks of February, before pitchers and catchers report to spring training on Feb. 17

A White House representative is expected to make the formal announcement when Sox players, coaches and manager Ozzie Guillen will be invited to Washington.

"Ozzie is pretty busy, but the president is busier," said Scott Reifert, vice president of communications for the White Sox.

Wouldn't you love to be privy to an animated discussion on the White House lawn between the free-spirited and glib Guillen and the president about any topic ranging from baseball to political issues in South America?

Sounds like the annual trip to the White House may happen within the first 2 weeks of Feb. for the Sox
    Once a Sox, always a Sox
    Here's to The Big Hurt, the best White Sox there ever was

Ozzie and Bush.Now that's a photo op

Comment

I've been there twice but i wasn't invited. Just the tour. h
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X