Chicago White Sox All-Time 40-Man Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago White Sox All-Time 40-Man Roster

One-Team-Only Rule per player. 5 honorable mention pitchers & 5 honorable mention position players. These 10 would be "unlockable" players in a video game situation with certain team boosts. White Sox will have a player-manager allowing for an extra player.

Chicago White Sox

C: Ray Schalk, Sherm Lollar, A.J. Pierzynski
    1B: Paul Konerko, Frank Thomas (DH), Jose Abreu
    2B: Eddie Collins, Nellie Fox, Ray Durham
    3B: Robin Ventura, Willie Kamm, Buck Weaver
    SS: Luke Appling, Luis Aparicio, Ozzie Guillen (Player-Manager), Jose Valentin (41st Man)
    LF: Minnie Minoso, Dick Allen, Carlos Lee
    CF: Fielder Jones, Chet Lemon, Johnny Mostil
    RF: Magglio Ordonez, Harold Baines, Danny Green
    P's: Red Faber, Ted Lyons, Ed Walsh, Wilbur Wood, Eddie Cicotte, Billy Pierce, Mark Buehrle, Doc White, Thornton Lee, Chris Sale, Jim Scott, Tommy John, Reb Russell, Jack McDowell, Gary Peters, Jose Quintana

Unlockable Pitchers: Hoyt Wilhelm, Bobby Thigpen, Keith Foulke, Jon Garland, LaMarr Hoyt
    Unlockable Position Players: Chico Carrasquel, Bibb Falk, Ron Hansen, Zeke Bonura, Carl Reynolds
    Replacement Pitcher: Bobby Jenks
    Replacement Position Player: Jim Landis

Managers: Ozzie Guillen (P-M) & Fielder Jones (P-M)
    Last edited by AJTV; 10-11-2019, 12:43 PM.

Carlton Fisk could be a White Sox rather than a Red Sox, regardless of their HOF caps. He played longer for the White Sox, although I agree he had some great years for the Red Sox.

Joe Jackson should be an Indian, as he played better for the Indians than the White Sox with his service time about the same. He gained his infamy for the White Sox only.

I'd put Thornton Lee on the pitching staff....he was tons better than Quintanta and Hoyt at least. Bill Melton should be on the team...if nothing else, throw out Buck Weaver at third and put in Bill Melton.
    Tampa Bay, Washington, or Milwaukee will win the 2019 World Series.

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
      Carlton Fisk could be a White Sox rather than a Red Sox, regardless of their HOF caps. He played longer for the White Sox, although I agree he had some great years for the Red Sox.

Joe Jackson should be an Indian, as he played better for the Indians than the White Sox with his service time about the same. He gained his infamy for the White Sox only.

I'd put Thornton Lee on the pitching staff....he was tons better than Quintanta and Hoyt at least. Bill Melton should be on the team...if nothing else, throw out Buck Weaver at third and put in Bill Melton.
      Thanks for the good word. I have Fisk on the Red Sox just because I feel his 39.5 WAR with Boston versus 28.9 with Chicago should leave him there. Though, he did finish highest in MVP voting with Chicago at 3. I feel Jackson's infamy, although it puts him in a negative light, makes him more known for playing for the White Sox. Thornton Lee is a good addition for sure. I think I left him off because of his losing record, but he is way up there in numbers, so having him here would certainly be justified. Weaver's career WAR was just slightly ahead of Melton's, so that's why I have him there. Just my thoughts here. I appreciate the feedback, because I'm definitely not perfect on these, and I love the discussion.

Comment

I made some changes.

Comment

Originally posted by AJTV View Post

Thanks for the good word. I have Fisk on the Red Sox just because I feel his 39.5 WAR with Boston versus 28.9 with Chicago should leave him there. Though, he did finish highest in MVP voting with Chicago at 3. I feel Jackson's infamy, although it puts him in a negative light, makes him more known for playing for the White Sox. Thornton Lee is a good addition for sure. I think I left him off because of his losing record, but he is way up there in numbers, so having him here would certainly be justified. Weaver's career WAR was just slightly ahead of Melton's, so that's why I have him there. Just my thoughts here. I appreciate the feedback, because I'm definitely not perfect on these, and I love the discussion.
          You've put a lot of work into this, good job in general.

A few more points...forget what WAR says about Alexei Ramirez...he wasn't a good player...he was a poor hitter and at best an average fielder. Pick someone who could do something for the team. Put Ron Kittle on the team instead...at least he had one famous year and he was beloved in the clubhouse.

Why did you pull Eddie Collins off the Sox? Back with the A's? His career was much longer with the White Sox, had more career WAR and career stats, and also was a player-manager for us. The only thing he did better with the A's was his peak years were with them...however, I feel the other factors are more important.
          Tampa Bay, Washington, or Milwaukee will win the 2019 World Series.

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

You've put a lot of work into this, good job in general.

A few more points...forget what WAR says about Alexei Ramirez...he wasn't a good player...he was a poor hitter and at best an average fielder. Pick someone who could do something for the team. Put Ron Kittle on the team instead...at least he had one famous year and he was beloved in the clubhouse.

Why did you pull Eddie Collins off the Sox? Back with the A's? His career was much longer with the White Sox, had more career WAR and career stats, and also was a player-manager for us. The only thing he did better with the A's was his peak years were with them...however, I feel the other factors are more important.
            Yeah, you're right. Collins needs to be here. The A's have more depth historically at the position.

Comment

Nice list . . . but I'd put Dick Allen at first base instead.

I checked and saw that's where he played most of his White Sox games at.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason R. Maier View Post
                Nice list . . . but I'd put Dick Allen at first base instead.

I checked and saw that's where he played most of his White Sox games at.
                I agree completely, but with a 40-man roster, I wanted each position to have 3 players, and I don't want to drop Abreu...and since this is hypothetical and Allen played some left in his career, I just wanted to squeeze him in somewhere. So many great players.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X