X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Sox Announce '06 Broadcast Schedule

White Sox announce 2006 broadcast schedule
    http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=cws

CHICAGO -- The World Champion Chicago White Sox, Comcast SportsNet, WGN-TV, WCIU-TV and WSCR Radio (670 AM) have announced the team's television and radio broadcast schedules for the 2006 season.

The White Sox are featured in the first Major League Baseball game of the 2006 season, appearing on ESPN2 Sunday Night Baseball in a nationally-televised home opener vs. Cleveland on April 2 at 7:05 p.m. The Sox also appear on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball on May 14 at Minnesota and ESPN's new Monday Night game on June 12 at Texas.

Comcast SportsNet will televise 99 regular-season White Sox games, starting with the second game of the regular season on Tuesday, April 4 vs. Cleveland (1:05 p.m. CT). WGN will broadcast the first of its 29 White Sox games starting with the club's third game vs. Cleveland on Wednesday, April 5 at 1:05 p.m., while WCIU starts its 25-game White Sox broadcast schedule vs. Toronto on Friday, April 14 at 7:35 p.m. Six White Sox games will air nationally as part of the FOX Saturday "Game of the Week" schedule.

New flagship radio station WSCR Radio, featuring the broadcast team of 15-year radio veteran and former Sox pitcher Ed Farmer on play-by-play and former outfielder Chris Singleton on color commentary, will broadcast all 162 regular-season White Sox games.

The tandem of Ken "Hawk" Harrelson and Darrin Jackson begins its eighth season together, televising 152 regular-season White Sox games on Comcast SportsNet, WGN and WCIU. The White Sox will televise 161 of 162 games, with the Saturday, September 30 game at Minnesota as the only exception due to Major League Baseball blackout regulations. Sixty telecasts are over-the-air, with the other 101 available through cable systems. All Comcast SportsNet and WGN home telecasts will be available in HD. CSN+ games are located on CLTV in the Chicago DMA. Viewers in other areas should visit comcastsportsnet.com for CSN+ channel locations.

CSN will air the first game of the crosstown series vs. the Chicago Cubs at U.S. Cellular Field on Friday, May 19 (3:05 p.m.). FOX will televise the middle game on Saturday, May 20 (12:05 p.m.), and WGN will carry the third game on Sunday, May 21 (1:05 p.m.). When the White Sox travel to Wrigley Field June 30-July 2, FOX will broadcast the Saturday game nationally (12:05 p.m.), with Friday on CSN (1:20 p.m.) and Sunday on WGN (1:20 p.m.)

The White Sox have moved all Friday home games to a 7:35 p.m. first pitch, and Sunday home games have returned to 1:05 p.m. starts.

The White Sox also will appear on the following FOX National Saturday telecasts: June 10 vs. Cleveland, June 24 vs. Houston, July 8 vs. Boston and July 15 at New York. FOX and ESPN also could pick up additional games after the All-Star Break.

I'll post the complete broadcast schedule later in the week.

Comment

It sure is a buzzkill that there's no TV on the 2nd to last game against the division rival Twins.

I guess I'll just have to listen to Farmer and Chris that day.
      Once a Sox, always a Sox
      Here's to The Big Hurt, the best White Sox there ever was

Comment

Originally posted by GoSox!
        It sure is a buzzkill that there's no TV on the 2nd to last game against the division rival Twins.

I guess I'll just have to listen to Farmer and Chris that day.
        You're talking about the 11am game right?

The reason is that MLB prohibits local TV for those games that do not start before 12 noon local time when a network has the rights to Saturday afternoon.

If it was say a 3pm game,then it would be televised.

The reason for the 11am start is the Minnesota Golden gophers have a game that night,and the Sox-Twins game has to end no later than 2:30 sharp in order for the Metrodome crew to convert the field to football in time for kickoff.

Comment

Ok. I wasn't sure why the game started so early, but now it makes sense.
          Once a Sox, always a Sox
          Here's to The Big Hurt, the best White Sox there ever was

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X