With the game on the line, I want...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the game on the line, I want...

Regardless of how they do the rest of the game, I'm only looking to compare these 5 guys to each other. Which one do you want, in high-leverage situations?

Crede, Dye, Konerko, Swisher, Thome?
    Crede
    18.75%
    Dye
    18.75%
    Konerko
    18.75%
    Swisher
    6.25%
    Thome
    37.50%
    Author of THE BOOK -- Playing The Percentages In Baseball

Konerko's WPA has been near or over 2 every year for several years running, but Thome had a 2.99 last year and a 3.32 the year before. I take Thome.
    --------------------
    http://benchcoach.com/
    --------------------
    http://www.offinlefffield.com/
    Sportswriter Mark Leff blabs about baseball

Comment

I take Thome because he's the best hitter.
      Originally posted by Domenic
      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

konerko or swish
        "I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can." - Babe Ruth

Comment

Joe Crede isn't the best hitter but he always seems to come through in the clutch in the late innings.
          "Batting slumps? I never had one. When a guy hits .358, he doesn't have slumps."

Rogers Hornsby, 1961

Comment

I love polls - I'm going with Dye!
            sigpic
            Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
            Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X