No announcement yet.

The Early Days.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray Schalk, of the American League's Chicago White Sox, and Charles Dawes, U.S Vice-President from 1925-1929, standing in the grandstands at Comiskey Park. 1927

Comment

Clark Griffith, Chicago White Sox- 1902

Comment

Charles A. Comiskey, age 6, posing with his siblings for a group portrait taken by Joshua Smith, circa 1870.

Comment

I'm inquiring as to the photo that you posted on Baseball fever for Tip O'Neill, caption reads "white sox baseball player, 1908."

James Edward "Tip" O'Neill, the 19th century player, played for Chicago Pirates in 1890. I've checked Total Baseball to see if there was another Tip O'Neill who played for Chicago then, and couldn't find him?

Do you think it could be James Edward Tip O'Neill player 1883-1892 (one year with Chicago, most others with St. Louis Browns)?

Comment

caption error

As to # 50, This is Ed Delahanty as a member of Was AL in 1902, a year in which he won the AL batting title. He never played for the White Sox and died in 1903.

Comment

Pretty amazing photos here. I never noticed this thread before.
              "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by JACKIE42 View Post

I wanted to revive this moribund thread, and I'll start with a correction. The team pictured above is actually the 1901 Cubs, known then as the Orphans (because Cap Anson had left).

Top Row, L-R: Jock Menefee (OF/P), Cozy Dolan (OF), Bert Cunningham (P), Fred Raymer (3B/SS), Jim Delahanty (3B), Frank Chance (OF/C), Charlie Dexter (1B/3B/OF), Johnny Kling (C).

Middle Row, L-R: Long Tom Hughes (P), Cupid Childs (2B), Mal Eason (P), Jack Doyle (1B), Tom Loftus (Mgr.), Danny Green (OF), Barry McCormick (SS), Jack Taylor (P).

Bottom Row, L-R: Topsy Hartsel (OF), Mike Kahoe (C).

Comment

1902 Chicago White Stockings

1902 AL Chicago.jpg

Comment

1903 Chicago White Stockings

1903 team.jpg

Comment

• 1904 Chicago White Sox

1904 AL Chicago 2.jpg1904 AL Chicago.jpg

Comment

• Pitcher Nick Altrock 1905

Altrock Nick 1905.jpg

Comment

• Pitcher/Outfielder/Manager(1902-03) Jimmy "Nixey" Callahan 1902/1905/1905

Callahan Jimmy 1902.jpgCallahan Jimmy 1905 portrait.jpgCallahan Jimmy 1905.jpg

Comment

• Owner Charles Comiskey 1902

Comiskey Charles 1902 full body.jpgComiskey Charles 1902.jpg

Comment

• Second Baseman Tom Daly 1902/1902/1903

Daly Tom 1902 2.jpgDaly Tom 1902.jpgDaly Tom 1903.png

Comment

• First Baseman Jiggs Donahue
                                (This actually shows him as a left-handed catcher for the St. Louis Browns in 1902.)
                                Donahue Jiggs 1904.jpg
                                Last edited by RUKen; 04-07-2015, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X