Paul Konerko: 2000 Games with the White sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Konerko: 2000 Games with the White sox

Paul Koneko became only the third player in the history of the Chicago White sox to play in 2,000 games for that franchise on July 18. He trails only Luke Appling and Nellie Fox.

Here are some of Konerko's numbers in key statistical cateories.

Chi. White Sox.... 2000 G.......2075 H......376 - 2B............403 HR..........1276 RBI.... .285 B. AVG. ..... .362 OB% .......... .507 SLUG%...... .869 OPS
    MLB Career........ 2081 G.......2123 H......380 - 2B............410 HR..........1305 RBI..... .283 B. AVG..... .360 OB%.......... .501 SLUG%..... .861 OPS
    Last edited by philliesfiend55; 07-18-2012, 08:10 PM.

Congrats to Konerko, He's a icon here on the Southside,
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Nellie Fox, a White sox player from 1950 to 1963 and 2nd in games in White Sox franchise history, is Konerko's next target at 2115 games. That's definitely reachable for Paul by the middle of the 2013 season.
      Trivia: Nellie Fox's first season with the White Sox, 1950, was also the final season of all-time leader, Luke Appling's White sox and mlb career. Appling played 2322 games for Chicago.

Comment

what's up with his power? only 14 HRs so far this year so he is on pace for just 25 or so.
        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Konerko seems to have much more of a line drive than an uppercut stroke going this year. He's maintained a high average all year, but hit most of his home runs in spurts early in the year.

Comment

He's playing with a jammed finger. I think thats hurt his production lately.
            "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Considering all the hype surrounding him back in the mid-90s, he's basically gone rather unnoticed by the general public. He's been a fixture for the Sox - and a highly productive one at that.
              "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

His career war is very low but he does come through in the clutch alot. I remember when Albert Belle came to the Sox he had a monster year but he always hit his homeruns it seemed in blowouts. Konerko while not having anything like the year Belle had always seems to do the right thing at the right time.

Comment

Gotta love Paulie. What a great example of a very good player on and off the field. He has come through in the clutch so many times.

I still think of his grand slam during the 05 WS. So dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone
                  Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!
                  sigpic
                  I have had the pleasure of watching games at: Comiskey Park, Comiskey Park II, Wrigley Field, Jacobs Field, Municipal Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Miller Park, Yankee Stadium (The one and only), and Fenway Park.

Comment

Wait how did that happen? I still think of Konerko as that up and coming prospect for Los Angeles... I hate getting old.

Comment

He's the last one left from the 2005 team.

Comment

I read on Bleacher Report that before the Sox hired Ventura, they were actually considering hiring Konerko as player/manager. Anybody know more about this? From what I know about Konerko, it doesn't seem like something he would want to do.
                        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                          I read on Bleacher Report that before the Sox hired Ventura, they were actually considering hiring Konerko as player/manager. Anybody know more about this? From what I know about Konerko, it doesn't seem like something he would want to do.
                          I remember Kenny Williams talking about it and your right Konerko wasn't up for it. I'm guessing Williams was going into rebuild mode and he was trying to do anything that may bring fans in during a possible bad year.

Comment

"It was considered long enough for me to realize that Paul is a very cerebral person and he would probably drive himself nuts right now playing and managing at the same time." - Kenny Williams
                            "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                              His career war is very low but he does come through in the clutch alot. I remember when Albert Belle came to the Sox he had a monster year but he always hit his homeruns it seemed in blowouts. Konerko while not having anything like the year Belle had always seems to do the right thing at the right time.
                              WPA is a stat that measures the timeliness of hits.

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/index.php/misc/wpa/

As a White Sox Thomas has 2.54 WPA in 1407 PA's. That's 1.26 WPA/700 PA's
                              In his career Konerko has 14.07 WPA in 8761 PA's. That's 1.12 WPA/700 PA's

No evidence that Konerko was more clutch that Thomas. The opposite, in fact.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X